MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 10-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #31
BBQinMI
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharredApron View Post
Enter and find out. Ya gotta play to win!
Way to not answer my question. Here I will try again, why did you create a special rule that does not have to be followed?
BBQinMI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #32
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQinMI View Post
Way to not answer my question. Here I will try again, why did you create a special rule that does not have to be followed?
This is 2 threads in 2 days that you are showing dissatisfaction with the TDs. Not sure what changed your perspective on them as it look, by your post history, that you used to compete in them on the regular. Perhaps if you took a step back and realized that this is for fun and the winner gets a $17 product, not some trophy and a $X00 prize, it would give you better perspective.

If CA wants the voters to enforce his rules as they see fit, what does it matter? I saw the SR violation and I plan to vote accordingly, despite how good CD's entry looks.
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #33
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQinMI View Post
Perhaps you have not read the rules that are well documented. If not, I copied them for your reading pleasure.

Good Day!

12. If you have ANY problems with ANY of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for ANY reason, please use the VOTE thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. DO NOT post any complaints in the Throwdown threads about any entry. DO NOT complain about those entries to the moderator (me). DO NOT complain to the person who made the entry via PM or any other means, as this could be construed as a personal attack which is against forum rules. Any complaints or attacks posted in any Throwdown thread will be deleted, or worse.

13. If you have ANY problems with a particular Throwdown, for ANY reason, please remember that participation in these Throwdowns is voluntary and you can always choose to not participate in that particular Throwdown.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #34
BBQinMI
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Perhaps you have not read the rules that are well documented. If not, I copied them for your reading pleasure.

Good Day!

12. If you have ANY problems with ANY of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for ANY reason, please use the VOTE thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. DO NOT post any complaints in the Throwdown threads about any entry. DO NOT complain about those entries to the moderator (me). DO NOT complain to the person who made the entry via PM or any other means, as this could be construed as a personal attack which is against forum rules. Any complaints or attacks posted in any Throwdown thread will be deleted, or worse.

13. If you have ANY problems with a particular Throwdown, for ANY reason, please remember that participation in these Throwdowns is voluntary and you can always choose to not participate in that particular Throwdown.
So the special rules are pointless and do not have to be followed. Thanks for sharing. Guess its time to span this with multiple pictures of anything with gravy. After all if you don't like the entries just don't vote for them, that makes way more sense then enforcing the special rules YOU put in place
BBQinMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #35
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqinmi View Post
so the special rules are pointless and do not have to be followed so long as i don't want votes from those who know the special rules. Thanks for sharing.
ftfy

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
Old 10-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #36
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Default CD your entry has been Chopped!

I have been remiss in my duties and called out by my peers. It seems that if one decides to include special TD Rules, for a Throwdown, it is the duty of the Author of the special rules to enforce them. Therefore, CD's entry is clearly in violation of special rule number one which states "1.) Gravy must be prepared from drippings of the main protein. Additional stocks may be added, but it cannot be the soul base of the gravy."
This decision is one I don't take lightly, as I fully understand the effort and time one takes to prepare a TD Entry.
CD your Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy, Has Been Chopped!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #37
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

MODERATOR NOTE:

Moving FW, including this TD, when a previous winner who chooses a category with special rules attached to it, those rules WILL be strictly enforced. It is up to each contestant to read both the standard TD rules, as well as any special rules attached to each TD, when applicable.

That said, part of the reason why we don't like special rules sometimes is they can be cumbersome IF there are too many of them. On the other hand, a few can make a TD a more interesting when they are in context.

Keep in mind that if you overlooked a special rule in a TD, and your entry was in clear violation of one of the special rules, you DO have the option of submitting another entry in that TD if time permits and to specify that your second entry be the one used for judging.

Any questions? Good. Didn't think so!

Last edited by Ron_L; 10-22-2013 at 01:17 PM..
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #38
caseydog

Jed, I think you made a wise decision. I should have read the special rules... I mean the farking special rules, better. I don't want to be the subject of contenion in a new TD clusterfark.

And Gore, wipe that farking smirk off your face.

CD

Last edited by caseydog; 10-22-2013 at 04:44 PM..
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #39
caseydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
MODERATOR NOTE:Keep in mind that if you overlooked a special rule in a TD, and your entry was in clear violation of one of the special rules, you DO have the option of submitting another entry in that TD if time permits and to specify that your second entry be the one used for judging.
Crap, I just started making my new entry.

CD
Thanks from: --->
Old 10-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #40
oifmarine2003
Babbling Farker

Everybody take a deep breath. Remember, these are supposed to be for fun. Let's not jump on each other for raising concerns and let's not get snotty towards someone when you don't like their answer. Let's all just chill and enjoy the camaraderie and competition while not taking it or ourselves too seriously.

Last edited by oifmarine2003; 10-22-2013 at 03:59 PM..
oifmarine2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 10-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #41
Smoke Dawg
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : IMF

Quote:
CD your Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy, Has Been Chopped!
CD just wanted a Dilly bar?
Only Brethren to win a TD with all the votes!
IMBAS Certified Moink Baller
Smoke Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #42
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Dawg View Post
CD just wanted a Dilly bar?
Not if he submits a new entry that meets the requirements of the special rules.

Then again, a Dilly Bar is a rare and unique distinction only a few have had the privilege of receiving...
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #43
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Jed, I think you made a wise decision. I should have read the special rules... I mean the farking special rules, better. I don't want to be the subject of contenion in a new TD clusterfark.

And Gore, wipe that farking smirk off your face.

CD
Sorry CD, but there is no smirk. I actually find it depressing that your entry got DQ'ed. I think it is one of your better efforts. I especially liked it that you kettle-fried it, instead of traditional frying. Even though I am not a fan of the dish, I would have had a hard time not voting for it as it was very well done. I'm sorry you were DQ'ed.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #44
caseydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Sorry CD, but there is no smirk. I actually find it depressing that your entry got DQ'ed. I think it is one of your better efforts. I especially liked it that you kettle-fried it, instead of traditional frying. Even though I am not a fan of the dish, I would have had a hard time not voting for it as it was very well done. I'm sorry you were DQ'ed.
I blame myself for the DQ. I could have easily adapted my gravy recipe to incorporate meat drippings, and it would have been just as good. I just didn't read the rules. Once again, I forged ahead without thinking things through.

Hey, I stuffed myself with really good food, and got a lot of compliments on my cooking.

And, I have a Dilly Bar to add to my wins and zeros.

CD
Old 10-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #45
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
I blame myself for the DQ. I could have easily adapted my gravy recipe to incorporate meat drippings, and it would have been just as good. I just didn't read the rules. Once again, I forged ahead without thinking things through.

Hey, I stuffed myself with really good food, and got a lot of compliments on my cooking.

And, I have a Dilly Bar to add to my wins and zeros.

CD
The skimming over the rules was probably induced by your gag reflex when viewing the OP ;)