Friday's Butt's (with Pron)

toadhunter911

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Smoked 5 butts on the chargriller today for a memorial service/picnic this weekend. Had the hardest time finding butts at a decent price. Settled for these, and I don't think I'll buy from this place again. Really fatty, inconsistent sizes, but it's all I could find. Here they are all rubbed up...

0131a-1.jpg

The butts on the smoker. 250* with BGE lump and pecan chunks for smoke...

0151a.jpg

The finished product. Not a great yield, but it pulled nicely and tasted good. I really like the pecan chunks.

0331a.jpg

Enjoy!:becky:

It sure has a very good color to it; I bet it will not last long looking that good

It sure has a very good color to it; I bet it will not last long looking that good

Thanks Shiz!

The smoke ring was very pronounced this time. Wonder if it was the Pecan chunks? Luckily for me, someone else is doing the chicken for the memorial. I gotta do 2 briskets and 20# of chicken wings next week for Labor Day.

I sure do put a lot more rub on my pork butts. That looks 'sprinkled'. I think my method is 'slathered'.

LOL!

I sure do put a lot more rub on my pork butts. That looks 'sprinkled'. I think my method is 'slathered'.

LOL!

I usually do too, but wanted to make sure the pecan smoke came through, and it does.:wink:

I've only used apple, oak and hickory, so far. Apple seems to be my fave.

ATM the smoker has 3 chunks of apple and 3 chunks of oak on it. I need to try some different woods, I think.

Usually use apple and cherry. Saw the bag of pecan chunks at the bbq store and decided to try 'em. I've used pecan chips on the gasser with a lamb roast and loved the flavor.

Nicely done, I could go for a sammie right now :-D

MMMMMMMMMMMMM.........mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Put me down for a sammich or two, too Looks really good:thumb:.

Back