Trash it or go for it????

I agree, if I bought a $120 hunk of meat, I would think about it every day....

I forget about $60 briskets for months/years, but theres no reason to think about a cryovac hunk of meat. They will keep for ever if deep froze. I have meat in my deep freezer since 2014, it still looks the same as the day i froze it. It amazes me the lack of knowledge with some of the vets on this site.

I forget about $60 briskets for months/years, but theres no reason to think about a cryovac hunk of meat. They will keep for ever if deep froze. I have meat in my deep freezer since 2014, it still looks the same as the day i froze it. It amazes me the lack of knowledge with some of the vets on this site.

Almost as amazing as the ignorant and inflammatory comments some newer "members" make.

I've never seen a $120 pork butt. I have cooked butts and briskets that were lost for 2-3 years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Almost as amazing as the ignorant and inflammatory comments some newer "members" make.

To be fair, there is a lot of vets that make ignorant, and inflammatory comments. They just dont post as often, or use alt accounts. I personally have been a lurker on this site since 2010 before i made an account in 2018.

I've never seen a $120 pork butt. I have cooked butts and briskets that were lost for 2-3 years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This guy is a doctor, but he’s definitely a novice when it comes to smoking and grilling and all things culinary in general which is somewhat ironic because his brother is a chef and owner of a nice restaurant.

This guy is a doctor, but he’s definitely a novice when it comes to smoking and grilling and all things culinary in general which is somewhat ironic because his brother is a chef and owner of a nice restaurant.

Must not be a nice brother if he couldn't get him a better deal on that hunk of meat.

You can talk about a man's meat, but not his family That's too personal. :biggrin1:

Enough BS - How are you going to cook that hunk of meat?

I get an Angus beefer every year from our cattle partnership. Luckily I get to pick the one I want and usually end up picking a lighter weight heifer. I dry age the nicer primals and they sometimes migrate to the bottom of my freezers. Never done a side by side comparison but when I find one it always tastes fine to me.

And I agree Paul, enough BS.

Enough BS - How are you going to cook that hunk of meat?

It's going on the Memphis elite @250 to an internal temp of about 125 w/ a simple rub (probably SPOGOS) and then will come off and rest while the Memphis gets up to ~600 for a good sear after a garlic butter herb compound has been applied. Will spend about 10 mins on the cooker for a nice crust to form and then off! Looking forward to tasting it!

Agree Go for it If the cryovac is in good shape you should have a really nice cook That would have been a heck of a shoulder

The comment was about temptation and not how capable a cryovac is.

I would:
Thaw it.
Smell it.
Cook it.
Eat it.

And share the pron so the rest of us can drool over it.

It's going on the Memphis elite @250 to an internal temp of about 125 w/ a simple rub (probably SPOGOS) and then will come off and rest while the Memphis gets up to ~600 for a good sear after a garlic butter herb compound has been applied. Will spend about 10 mins on the cooker for a nice crust to form and then off! Looking forward to tasting it!

Sounds good (I was thinking it should go for a spin!)

Back