Assassin smokers

No issues yet and this is our third season competing on the SS-2. I have some minor scratches on the top where I sit pans and such but that’s it. I have repainted the black area around the firebox once, but the original paint lasted the better part of two years. These are very low maintenance smokers, especially since they are insulated and painted. Once they are seasoned you shouldn’t get very much rust, if any, on the inside. I haven’t yet, but I do keep mine covered and under my carport or it stays in our cook trailer.

That’s right, War Eagle!! We cook mostly in Ga, but hopefully we can cook a few in Al this yr.

How have you gone through seasoning it, just curious for the first cooks. Obviously it will get seasoned the more cooked but initially for these types.

Do you ever use the water pan or does the steam from the natural juices make it wet enough inside, I know the stumps are extremely good and dont need a water pan so curious.

Hopefully we can meet up in Auburn, ive got season tickets. 04' grad finance. War Eagle!

Thanks for all that have responded privately, if there are any others that own them. Id appreciate hearing from you.:clap2:

Back