**First Turkey on the Pellet Pro 22" WSM Stacker conversion**

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
OK- This one was for fun and practice- No plated pics as the carcass got picked for other recipes and the soup pot! But here is the process I used from beginning to finished product.

12.56lb Safeway Young Turkey thats been "enhanced".

IMG_0606.jpg

I'm using The Briner Original

IMG_0608.jpg

Submerged in a half strength solution of Oakridge BBQ Game Changer brine for 24 hours. The Briner easily can hold two 15lb. Turkeys!

IMG_0607.jpg

Drained and rinsed the brine and using the locking disc it supports the bird for another 16 hours to air dry in the garage refer.

IMG_0609.jpg

Seasoned the cavity with Venison & Wild Game rub-don't let the name fool you, the ingredients scream for poultry! Lightly rubbed the outside with olive oil and liberally seasoned with Chicken & Game Bird rub.

IMG_0610.jpg

Placed in a foil pan over a wire rack to catch any drippings, filled a 6" A-Mazen-Tube with Pecan pellets and set on the lower rack, the Pellet Pro hopper is filled with a combination of Bear Mountain Apple & Pecan pellets and set to 350*

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

A little over 3 hours and its ready to pull. The color is awesome, the meat was moist-I could likely go full strength on the brine, probably baste with butter to crisp the skin a bit more next time, but all in all this turned out great, and I'd be proud to serve this for a family feast!

Another Left Hand Smoke "fist of approval!"

IMG_0481.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have to try the Venison and Wild Game rub on turkey. I have a couple for practice, so I'll use it on one of them. I already know I'll be using Game Changer brine this year, but seals it... that turkey looks great. Killer color!

Nicely Done! How often are you using the pellets vs charcoal?

Pretty much pellets all the time with this one!

I have two 22" WSM's and a 22" Weber kettle with a Cajun Bandit conversion and they are all Guru'd and ready for charcoal at a moments notice.

Seasoned the cavity with Venison & Wild Game rub-don't let the name fool you, the ingredients scream for poultry! Lightly rubbed the outside with olive oil and liberally seasoned with Chicken & Game Bird rub.

IMG_0614.jpg

Finally!!! Somebody gets it!! Woo Hoo!! Our Venison & Wild Game rub is farkin' awesome on chicken (and pork too...)! :becky: :becky: :becky:

Great cook, with an awesome outcome! :thumb: :thumb:

I love to use Venison & Wild Game on chicken, I've been very happy every time I've used it. I bet it is great for Turkey as well. The smell of the rub tells you poultry no doubt.

Looks good Swamp!! Careful, might have to come up the hill and get me a taste!!:twisted::grin:

Finally!!! Somebody gets it!! Woo Hoo!! Our Venison & Wild Game rub is farkin' awesome on chicken (and pork too...)! :becky: :becky: :becky:

Great cook, with an awesome outcome! :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Mike! Keep up the good work!

That looks amazing, I have some venison and wild game rub on the way, I am 98% sure one of the thanksgiving birds will get a treatment of this.

Back