Cioppino!

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I just got back from a business trip to San Francisco. I had some Cioppino there, but I wasn't satisfied with it. I felt that it could be better. So, I cooked some for dinner tonight. I'm not a fan of clams, mussels, or oysters, so mine didn't have any of that in it. I used scallpops, crab, shrimp, and cod.

Here is a pic. I made some Gluten Free (GF) pop overs to sop up the broth too. Very tasty and my GF wife loved it!

picture.php

Thanks for looking!

Looks real good, except for the missing mussels, clams, and oysters. ;)

I've never actually had it, but I've seen it on a few food network shows and have always wanted to try it.

Looks real good, except for the missing mussels, clams, and oysters. ;)

He he he! My Dad is an oyster fanatic. In fact, it is his way of eating raw oysters that made me want nothing to do with them. Too much slippery slime for my taste. :mrgreen:

He he he! My Dad is an oyster fanatic. In fact, it is his way of eating raw oysters that made me want nothing to do with them. Too much slippery slime for my taste. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I try not to eat too many raw oysters either.

Lookin quite tasty there! Could you elaborate on those pop overs?

Sure, no prob. You MUST have a pop over pan, though.

1 cup King Arthur Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warm
4 large eggs
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 TBS black pepper
3/4" cheese cubes added to the batter after pouring it in the PO pan
pre-heated, greased popover pan

Mix all ingredients together to a pancake batter consistency. Pour into the pop over pan and add the cheese cubes. Bake at 375* about 1 hour or until done.
King Arthur Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour works very well in the recipe.

If you don't want to go GF, here is a pretty good recipe too.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147953

I had the best cioppino / fisherman's stew I've ever eaten at Sam's Chowder House in Half Moon Bay.

429951_661507581958_1065746792_n.jpg

Never had it and only just this past weekend heard about it on FN.

Sure looked good on the show and YOURS sure looks good too BO!

:clap:

I love Cioppino, but I like it with the mussels, clams and oysters. I love mussels, clams and oysters.

CD

Nice variation Boshizzle, I like clams and crab mine. But, that's why we cook for ourselves.

Bo,

That looks Soooooooooo Good. Please freeze some and ship Next Day Air.

Thanks.

Doesn't really matter who you send it to to but you need to share.:biggrin1:

I had Cioppino once, on an extended business to San Jose many years ago. I loved it. I thought it was making me sick to my stomach before I realized I was sitting through an earthquake (It was a 'roller', and I was a naive Midwesterner)

Yours looks at least as good as the stuff I had back then. Nice job!

Love it and get it often when I'm at a place I trust to handle shellfish!!
It's great to stack up the shells and watch people's faces as you schoff down the critters. Same with oysters on the 1/2 shell...I gotta trust the place so I usually only get them in specialty seafood places or very busy raw bars!! I'll be in NOLA in March so I'm sure there will be an oyster or three on the menu.

Back