MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
brockportbbqfest
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Brockport BBQ and Music Festival July 30-August 1st

Brockport BBQ & Music Festival
July 30-August 1st
Brockport, NY
10-6 on Saturday July 31
10-5 on Sunday August 1st

NEBS Judging Class on Thursday July 29th 5-9pm

KCBS Turn in July 31
NEBS Grilling Event Turn in August 1
Chili Cook-Off and Kids Q Sunday August 1

www.brockportbbqfest.com
[email protected] or [email protected]
Organizer Name- Rob Blair Brockport Rotary Club

Still looking for competitors, vendors, judges, and volunteers.
Proceeds go to the Wilmot Cancer Center at the U of R Medical Center
brockportbbqfest is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Red Valley BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Sean

Red Valley BBQ is hoping to compete. Won't know for sure until it gets closer to the date. If all else fails, the wife and I want to judge.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
goodsmokebbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Great to have another comp in NY, and in the Rochester area. Good Smoke will be there for sure.

Brockport will be the fifth leg of the Empire State Barbecue Championship Series! Welcome we are glad to have you on board.
goodsmokebbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
ieatbbq
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodsmokebbq View Post
Great to have another comp in NY, and in the Rochester area. Good Smoke will be there for sure.

Brockport will be the fifth leg of the Empire State Barbecue Championship Series! Welcome we are glad to have you on board.
I agree with Brian on this one. It's great to have another comp like this in NY and in Upstate. I will be judging this comp for sure. Welcome Robert and team glad your here.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

I think I may join you for this one. I am waiting t hear back from Robert about the vending situation, and once I do. I will send the app in.

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
HandsomeSwede
Full Fledged Farker

Definitely in for this one, getting the funds together and you should see our app soon.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
brockportbbqfest
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Brockport BBQ Fest

Glad to hear we have some interest! This should be declared a State Championship soon, which I believe gets the winner a trip to the big dance correct?

We are very new at this, what things should we get in place for our competitors for Friday night? A little informal "anything butt" comp, pot luck?

Send your thoughts! Look forward to lots of teams and a good time.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
brockportbbqfest
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Teams and Vendors Still Have Time

If you want to compete you still have time to enter. We have the KCBS comp on Saturday and the NEBS, Chili Cook Off, and Kids Que on Sunday! Lots of live music, car show on Saturday, Wine and Beer Tasting, Kids Area, Arts and Crafts Show!! www.brockportbbqfest.com

Old 07-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #9
brockportbbqfest
Knows what a fatty is.

Default State Championship

We are a State Championship. Winner gets a trip to the Royal. We are a Jack Draw event AND part of the Empire State Championship Series. We have NEBS on Sunday, A Kids 'QUe, and a Chili Cook-Off.

Still got spots available for all contest. www.brockportbbqfest.com. I will extend the weekend warrior deal for anyone interested. Write Brethern on the registration form. Need to receive by July 15th.