The (un) Official 2014 Jack Draw Thread

No auto for Wine Country Q in WA, several other contests sanctioned by PNWBA.
Idaho had an auto which goes to Ice Harbor Brewing (PNWBA)

No auto for Wine Country Q in WA, several other contests sanctioned by PNWBA.
Idaho had an auto which goes to Ice Harbor Brewing (PNWBA)

Is the Jack accepting PNWBA as a sanctioning body? I don't see 10 qualifying events between 9/1/13 and 8/31/14 on their calendar.

7 wins from TX are Blazen BBQ, and Texas Pepper Jelly. There may be more but I'm certain about those two.

Corrections to Colorado (as I see them)...

Backdraft is out (not enough teams in Garden City - sorry Ryan)
GQue has 2 draws (in CO - Fairplay & Lamar) unless competitor series (Rockies Invite) and Sam's (Thornton) count - sorry Jason.
We also have Parker, CO this weekend

Wyoming...Lonestar is default for MT so out of WY.

Thanks for putting this together!!:clap:

Good luck guys!!
If Lonestar is the only team from MT who won a grand they can go as home state rep if they aren't drawn in the WY draw but they still go through the draw for WY first as I understand it.

Ok

Idaho is an Auto with Ice harbor Brewing

Oregon

Big Bite BBQ
Movin' the Chains (2)
Bad Bones (2)

Washington

Wine Country Q (2or3)?
J&S
Dances With Smoke
Lake House
UFF da Q

If Lonestar is the only team from MT who won a grand they can go as home state rep if they aren't drawn in the WY draw but they still go through the draw for WY first as I understand it.

I could be wrong (first time getting my fingers in this draw).....

Lonestar (from SD) won one of three qualifying events in MT. The other two were won by Parrothead (autoed). So doesn't Lonestar, by default, go for the Montana events? Would they (Lonestar) then be removed from the WY draw? I have one of the other WY draws. Hence my curiosity. Anyone know?

Ok

Idaho is an Auto with Ice harbor Brewing

Oregon

Big Bite BBQ
Movin' the Chains (2)
Bad Bones (2)

Washington

Wine Country Q (2or3)?
J&S
Dances With Smoke
Lake House
UFF da Q

OK got these

There is at least 20 events........ I am not sure what you are looking at.
I was looking at the PNWBA website

I could be wrong (first time getting my fingers in this draw).....

Lonestar (from SD) won one of three qualifying events in MT. The other two were won by Parrothead (autoed). So doesn't Lonestar, by default, go for the Montana events? Would they (Lonestar) then be removed from the WY draw? I have one of the other WY draws. Hence my curiosity. Anyone know?
You are correct - I wasn't associating Lonestar with Lonestar Smoke Rangers. I took Lonestar out of the WY draw.

OK got these

I was looking at the PNWBA website

You might have missed at the top of the calendar is a button that has all the past event results....it is hidden from initial view..

Thank you for doing this

Here's what I show for PNWBA:

9/7 - 9/8 2013, Tree Top Skewered Apple, WA State: Wine Country Q
9/14 - 9/15 2013, BBQ on the Bypass, BC Canada: Wine Country Q (WA St), Helluva Q (top Canadian Team)

3/29 - 3/30 2014, Big Red Barn Burner, BC Canada: Prairie Smoke & Spice (Canadian)
5/7 - 5/8 2014, Cloverdale Rodeo, BC Canada: House of Q (Canadian)
6/8 - 6/9 2014, North Plains Smokehouse Summit, OR State: Movin' the Chains
6/22 - 6/23, Canadian Festival of Chili & BBQ, BC Canada: Wine Country Q (WA State), Rusty's BBQ (top Canadian team)
7/3 - 7/4; Freedomfest BBQ, OR State: Bad Bones (1st year event)
7/12 - 7/13, Cheney Jubilee, WA State: Dances with Smoke
7/26 - 7/27, Tour de Terrace, WA State: J&S BBS Express (1st year event)
8/3 - 8/7, Canadian National Championships, BC Canada: Dances with Smoke (WA State), House of Q (top Canadian team)
8/9 - 8/10, Oak Harbor Pigfest, WA State: Lake House BBQ
8/16 - 8/17, Portland Meadows, OR State: Bad Bones (1st year event)
8/22 - 8/23, Grillin for 10 Grand, WA State: Uff-Da-Q (1st year event)
8/23 - 8/24, Smoke on the Water, ID State: Ice Harbor Brewing (auto)

Last edited:
Here's what I show for PNWBA:

9/7 - 9/8 2013, Tree Top Skewered Apple, WA State: Wine Country Q
9/14 - 9/15 2013, BBQ on the Bypass, BC Canada: Wine Country Q (WA St), Helluva Q (top Canadian Team) - 17 teams - first year event?

3/29 - 3/30 2014, Big Red Barn Burner, BC Canada: Prairie Smoke & Spice (Canadian)
5/7 - 5/8 2014, Cloverdale Rodeo, BC Canada: House of Q (Canadian) 19 teams - first year event?
6/8 - 6/9 2014, North Plains Smokehouse Summit, OR State: Movin' the Chains
6/22 - 6/23, Canadian Festival of Chili & BBQ, BC Canada: Wine Country Q (WA State), Rusty's BBQ (top Canadian team)
7/3 - 7/4; Freedomfest BBQ, OR State: Bad Bones (1st year event)
7/12 - 7/13, Cheney Jubilee, WA State: Dances with Smoke
7/26 - 7/27, Tour de Terrace, WA State: J&S BBS Express (1st year event)
8/3 - 8/7, Canadian National Championships, BC Canada: Dances with Smoke (WA State), House of Q (top Canadian team) 23 teams - first year event?
8/9 - 8/10, Oak Harbor Pigfest, WA State: Lake House BBQ 19 teams - first year event?
8/16 - 8/17, Portland Meadows, OR State: Bad Bones (1st year event)
8/22 - 8/23, Grillin for 10 Grand, WA State: Uff-Da-Q (1st year event)
8/23 - 8/24, Smoke on the Water, ID State: Ice Harbor Brewing (auto)
Any idea on the ones in red?

Any idea on the ones in red?

For Canadian contests you only need 15 teams to be a qualifier. If the winner is American they get a home state bung and the top finishing Canadian teams gets a bung. So yes two bungs one contest. Oak Harbour is a first year event. So your list now is accurate if you are not including home state bungs

Little Pig Town is not an automatic for NM. One Slice at a Time has a win there also.

There are probably around 75+ teams in the TX draw.

Louisiana and Texas....

Louisiana has many more cooks than are listed. Those are the only two KCBS events in the state. Cajun Blaze has 6 wins and came within one point of his 7th last weekend in Slidell. Bayou Boogie BBQ has 5 wins and has been close all year. Along with handful more cooks makeup the Louisiana draw. And I know for sure that Texas has AT LEAST ONE more..... Cause I am looking at it on my desk.... smile... my 1% chance......

This list only contains KCBS don't forget other organizations count. Like your NM auto there is another contest from IBCA that will not allow it t be an auto. Also Hog Tide has 6 not 7 one of his wins won't count.

Back