MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #31
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Gotta love that bottom picture!
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #32
whitej98
Found some matches.

very true. I love how everyone is positive here. Good job on the forum
whitej98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #33
backporchbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

I think this is the most active respectable forum out there. I have learned a lot and know I have more to learn. For the most part it is good natured, and when not it is taken care of. I am proud to be part of this site, and hope to be here for a long time to come.

1 Meadow Creek TS120 with chicken cooker
1 Weber Kettle
backporchbbq.org
backporchbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #34
Arlin_MacRae
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thanks, guys!

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #35
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

All I can say is keep up the good work!

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS [B]-[/B] [I]"BBQ To Die For"[FONT=verdana, arial]™ [/FONT][/I]Under the [B]"LENIENT"[/B] direction of Pit Master Tim.

22.5 OTG, 18.5 OTS, 18.5 WSM, Chargriller Duo with optional side fire box.
[COLOR=red]"Founders Club" Operation BBQ Relief.[/COLOR]
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #36
SmokinPaPa
On the road to being a farker

Keep up the good work. This should be a family oriented site. Thanks for all the good information and commrodery (sp) here.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #37
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

First off, I want to say thank you to not only you for creating this site, but also to ALL of the moderators. I know that the job isn’t easy,

Lord knows that I’ve received more than a few of the ominous PM’s asking “Did you really want to say that” or “Do me a favor and read your post again.” and sometimes (ok, most times. Ok, just about all the time) you guys are right.

I’ve been on boards where the name of the game is how big a flame do you carry into the war. I’ve found that these sites quite simply, and thankfully, just don’t last. This site is different. While I’m not trying to diminish the work of the Moderators, I do know that there is a fair amount of self moderation that takes place. Member ‘A’ posts something that has the potential of upsetting others and Member ‘B’ drops him/her a PM asking if that’s the way they really wanted to have the post taken. I’m willing to bet that 9 times out of 10 the post is edited to clarify the point. To be honest, I think most of us really try to keep it above board and self moderate. Yes there have been times where a post has sparked a flame, but I willing to bet not many posts further down is someone stating that “This kind of post is not the way we do things here.” I don’t know if we secretly want to be moderators or simply just don’t put up with it in what we consider ‘Our House’.

Phil, you and the Moderators have created a very special place here. In reading back to The Inception of The Brethren 10:45 PM 3/5/03, it looks that was at least part of the reason for it being created. I also know that it’s only through your hard work and consideration for others that it is going to last for a long time. I only hope that we can keep up the tradition and standards that you all have set.

Thank you again.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #38
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

I would like to thank the poster mod guy who posted that thing about new members. Had a point I made a while back where I thought the word "freshmen" or even "Sophomore" memeber (which more precisely defines what a new member is of about any body, instead of the derogatory "Newbie," "Newby," "Noob," "Nubie," "Noobe," "Noobie," or anything like that. In fact, I now think the words could be put into the word sensor thingy to make an excellent point. One is, who actually knows whether a new member is new at BBQ and second... what if we end up turning off a new member who would have shared the Moinkball, or ABT, or Fattie, or Bacon Explosion. You never know where your next great thing is gonna come from.

Well, other than officially making Mindy Vegas or Sasha Blonde the official mascot of the BBQ Brethren I am out.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #39
GWA
On the road to being a farker

I like it here. I was a lurker on another board for about 2 years and didn't like the way the "powers" took a blind eye in letting some members get picked on. And occasionally I saw THEM do the picking-on also. That's not the way it should be and it certainly wasn't for me. I won't go back there if you paid me.
GWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->