• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Pro Q, first smoke

oh-yaa

Reaction score
Hi
Been lurking here for a while to get tips for when I finally got a charcoal smoker. I've been using a gas grill for a while with some pretty decent results.
I scored a new Pro Q recently and in the process of my first smoke on it. Trying a pork butt today. So far so good.

Once you start smoking using charcoal you'll never look back at the gasser. Have fun and enjoy. Post some pron if you can.

Pork, always a GREAT choice! Congrats on the new smoker, but did you really get it? No pics, no smoker!

Update

It's taking its sweet time. I could not really get it up to temp after I put the butts in. They have been on for 9 hours so definitely going low and slow. Temps came up as the water went down. Will be trying sand in the bowl for the next attempt next weekend.

Will bring one in and finish in the oven and let the other finish in the smoker.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Edit: Wife says they are staying in the smoker until done.

just a tip on the water pan if you wanna come up on temp just foil it. Thats what i do with mine if i want to get a hot and fast smoke for 250 and above. Also I sealed my doors and that helped me keep a constant temp, next I will be trying the foil tape mod on the rings.

It's taking its sweet time. I could not really get it up to temp after I put the butts in. They have been on for 9 hours so definitely going low and slow. Temps came up as the water went down. Will be trying sand in the bowl for the next attempt next weekend.

Will bring one in and finish in the oven and let the other finish in the smoker.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Edit: Wife says they are staying in the smoker until done.

Keep the wife. She is just my type. :thumb:

Where did you get the Pro Q from and how much? searched for a US distributor the other day and didn't have much luck.

The results

This is the first cut
142dnbq.jpg

Ready to eat, the Wife's
ic3jg1.jpg

and mine
2wprqqr.jpg

Back