• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hey Farkers...Happy Turkey Day!...What's Smokin' This Holiday Weekend?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving Brethren!

In lieu of the holiday weekend I thought I'd start my Friday thread a little early...:thumb:

Got a 14lb bird in the brine for dinner this evening...:becky: Friday Night Steak Night tomorrow...leftovers the rest of the weekend I'm sure...:rolleyes:

Have a great holiday folks! :p

Tomorrow it's burgers and home made apple pie with my grandaughters. Saturday the turkey gets smoked along with some yams. Mmmmmmmmm

Turkey

Will be taking this off the WSM in about 30 minutes to bring over to a freinds house. Used Patio Daddio's Ultimate Thanksgiving Turkey Brine. (chitty cell phone pic)

Sunday its a Hot and Fast Brisket with Kosmo's Q and Bovine Bold. Have a great weekend!

Attachments

• Turkey 2010.jpg
    Turkey 2010.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 44
Nothing smoking today. Family prefers a fried turkey.

Tomorrow is a special "Black Friday" meal that will use the smoker.

13 pounder on the Egg now.

I have no idea for the rest of the weekend. I have to work Saturday, so that puts a damper on it.

Two 12 pound turkeys...about to get the stickburner going. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

A couple of game hens on the UDS, and I have to fly to NJ Friday at 0 dark thirty. The friends I'm staying with want me to do ribs.....on their gasser. So be it.

No turkey her McG.!:wink:
What I do gonna smoke is a traditional Dutch dish for the International ThrowDown.

Have Phun y'all!:cool:

a turkey breast with a Hawaiian injection, boneless ribs and some moink balls . hey are we supposed to do moink balls today to get cert. ?

Attachments

• IMG_7648.jpg
    IMG_7648.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7652.jpg
    IMG_7652.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7653.jpg
    IMG_7653.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 29
Had a turkey today,UDS style. To stuffed to think ahead for anything else.

Two bone in turkey breasts in the WSM.

Ended up not using the kettle

JD, thanks for the VWB link in the WSM vs Kettle thread

Saved me some looking for it.

Have a great day!!

You're welcome...I refer to the VWB site often for WSM info. :p

Turkey in the oven, twice smoked ham with pepper rind on father-in-law's cabinet style smoker - done just before the rainstorm - went great esp. considering I'm not on my own rig. With family & loved ones, food is great & I'm thankful!

Back