three overnight butts and 10 ribs with pron

big blue bbq

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Tonight I put three butts on the WSM to do some low and slow cooking. We are doing 10 sides of St. Louis spares on the Jack's Old South cooker in the morning.

Wife is having a yard sale and put down bbq sammies in the add so that is what the butts are for. Hope they will be done by 8 in the morning. 10 hours at 230 should just about do the trick.
Most of the ribs are already sold. Going to do the no foil on the ribs in a traeger rack. Just testing to see what happens. Not going to change what has been working great at comps, just seeing if I can save a little money when doing some catering or order gigs.

Can't tell by the cell phone photo, but they are rubbed pretty heavy with my own rub.
More pics to follow in the morning.

Last edited:
Sounds good. Are you selling sammies and ribs at the yard sale? I thought of doing that before. What are you charging for the sandwhiches and ribs? Let's see some pics of the Jacks old south cooker.

I thought I would try $3.00 for sammies. My wife put in the post to order ribs ahead of time. The ribs are for some police officers who work with my son-in-law (who cooks on my team). I have been selling ribs for $17.50 for a rack of St. Louis spares.

I think I will make up some beans and slaw in case anyone wants to have a plate lunch. Maybe $6.00 for that.

I have a church yard sale next weekend and they are taking pre-orders by the pound. I usually charge $7.50 for that but am doing it for $6.00. Profits go to the youth department.

They also booked me for their picnic in July and told me to charge full price since I went there for a while.

Ok, here is more pron as promised. First pic is ribs rubbed and ready to go. Next is the butts from last night ready for processing. Then the finished product.

Ribs on the smoker, and the fire box.

Last edited:
Here is the finished rib products. 5 on left were comp sauce, the ones on the right were blues hog red sauce. look the same to me. I like the blues hog for the little bit of heat while comp sauce is sweeter.

Last edited:
Back