BBQ Books

Puppyboy

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Got a few books for my birthday. Both are packed with pretty good ideas and recipes. I am actually using a few of them today.

Barbecue Nation by Fred Thompson $18.95
Barbecue Bible- Sauces, Rubs, & Marinades by Steven Raichlen $12.95

I have the bbq bible sauces book and I have found several good recipes in there I will normally try them as they are printed then alter them to my own taste after that.

Not sure if you have Smoke and Spice but I really like that book.

Got 'em both. Use the Raichlen book quite a bit, BBQ Nation not so much. I found the "Dr. BBQ" books to be much better.

I know its probably taboo, but I also like the Weber grilling book.

Yeah, I got them both too. I kinda like "Barbecue Nation". It has some neat stuff in it. Of course, I taped a blank sheet of paper on the front cover and wrote "Grilling Nation" in big letters.

That way I remind myself not to scream at the writer, who can't hear me anyway.

I had to get up and go to the bookshelf. I just realized I don't own any BBQ books. That has got to be a Sin against all that is good. I think I will see what books a million has on the shelfs tomorrow. Really want to check out Dr. BBQ's latest.

I highly recommend any of Dr. BBQ's (Ray Lampe) books. Also Peace, Love & Barbeqcue by Mike Mills is a great book.

Just got a copy of Smokestack Lightening from Amazon this week. Thumbed thru it and it looks really good. Lots of reading, just a few recipes in the back.

Scott

Happy Birthday Bro. In addition to my "Smoke & Spice"...I just added "Paul Kirk's Championship BBQ Sauces", and "Backyard BBQ The Art of Smokology" to my fledgeling bbq cookbook library. I'll definitely check out your birthday presents.

JD

"Where There's Smoke, There's Flavor" is a good one...
And I have the BBQ Bible, but I think that BBQ USA (also by Raichlen) is 10X better.

Got a few books for my birthday. Both are packed with pretty good ideas and recipes. I am actually using a few of them today.

Barbecue Nation by Fred Thompson $18.95
Barbecue Bible- Sauces, Rubs, & Marinades by Steven Raichlen $12.95

Note to self for rub trade, Puppyboy checks prices of gifts :mrgreen:

:icon_blush: I have Dr.BBQ's fist book on the way from amazon...no other books on bbq, I go to the public library and bowrrow them, not too much selection, but have found, smoke and spice, John Willingham (sp?), Paul Kirk,
El Cheapo mode! Actually, hard to find BBQ books locally here, we have a Borders here and they have only Steve Raichlen, and a couple of others...

Back