Found a new butcher!!!

Diesel Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Well we were driving around today and figured we'd hit the place we get our steers butchered. Asked about getting a brisket while were there making an appointment for a steer to be done.
"You'll have to buy a case of them" they said.
Not gonna happen......

So I said I know there's another butcher on the otherside of the next county I heard was good. My wonderful other, better, half searched the web on her phone, called them and got directions.
This guy is great!!!!! Butchers 2 steer a week and will get me any cut I want when I want it!
Picked up a 11lb brisket and a couple slabs of frozen baby backs.
I'm not going to age this brisket this time, so it'll go on the bbq tomorrow night and the ribs will be done for tomorrows dinner.
I told him I prefer fresh not frozen meat, he said no problem.
His case had some awesome looking cuts in it and one of the biggest butts I've ever seen!!!!
He told me to just call ahead a few days and he'll have everything I want waiting to be picked up.

I'm as giddy as a school gurl right now!!!!!
Next week............Dino Bones!!!!

Thanks guys
This fella is about 30 minutes away, but round here that's close :laugh:

Finding a good butcher you can develop a relationship with is like hitting the Powerball. Take that man some Q.

Big George, his prices are right in line with most other places I've been to, but quality is much higher.
Bludawg this guys getting some Q for sure! I'll take him some brisket when we stop in next week.
nucornhusker, it's been hit and miss for me with most places and stores I've bought from. I'm thinking this guys a homerun.

Dan's is OK (and close to you at least), but Hirsch's is much better.
Yeah, I just haven't made it up there to Dan's. Our kiddo goes to bed early, so I try to make it home after work before bedtime so I get to see him and that would make me get home after bedtime. I usually just hit up my Kroger that is a half mile from the house ;)

Back