KBB is NOT on Sale at Lowes!!!!!!!

Toney Marconi

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just went to Lowes to pick up a two pack or two of Kingsford Blue Bag while it was on sale. When I got there I noticed three little words on the price marker

9D68CE11-E279-40DA-B851-DC28328740FE-26649-0000032F00DD33A0_zpsc4afd013.jpg

That's right - Everyday Low Price
I figured this may be some sort of marketing gimmick so I asked the person working that section. Nope she said, Kingsford has lowered it's price and that's what they will be selling it for now. I asked about the Memorial day sale and she eluded that it will probably be in the $8 range. I left with just one 2-pack. Don't know about Home Depot, I just went to Lowes.

FYI, and I'm not sure if it's universal however an EDLP IS a sale, in a manner of speaking.

Basically it's a promotion (a sale) that usually runs long term. I think (don't quote me on this and it probably differs by manufacturer) that 6 months may be somewhat the norm.

However this is usually run either at A) new customers or B) when there's significant competition in the category. That said Kingsford must be feeling pressure from the Lump brands...cause there's really no one else mainstream in briquettes.

That is NOT the EDLP around me. I forget what it is but it was around 10 for a 20lb bag.

Picked up 2 of the 20x2 at HD today.

That said Kingsford must be feeling pressure from the Lump brands...cause there's really no one else mainstream in briquettes.

Maybe a majority of their sales are happening around the memorial day/labor day sales.

umm it's Loews.
They have signs in English and Spanish.
Workers there are nice but do not shop there because of that
Flame on

Sweet. Maybe Stubbs will lower their price per bag........

Yeah, if people are moving to the lump charcoal, kingsford could just push their competition briquettes or make the blue bag stuff all natural. That would get me on board a lot faster than this.

That would be genious timing for HD to put it on "sale" before switching over to the everyday price. There are some fools on a separate thread that is four pages long that bulk purchased at the n"ew regular price".. Oh wait... I was one of those fools lol!

I love Lowe's and Mine even has stuff in korean language haha. Love KB too. I can get HEB brand coal at a lower price, but it's made in Mexico, rather buy American.

I was at Sam's Club today and the 2x20# KBB was $17.98. So that every day low price hasn't shown up there yet.

I still have a fair amount from last years sales, but will stock up again this year if the price is right.

if this is the new every day price I can only imagine what the memorial day sales will be like :twisted:

That would be genious timing for HD to put it on "sale" before switching over to the everyday price. There are some fools on a separate thread that is four pages long that bulk purchased at the n"ew regular price".. Oh wait... I was one of those fools lol!

I love Lowe's and Mine even has stuff in korean language haha. Love KB too. I can get HEB brand coal at a lower price, but it's made in Mexico, rather buy American.

HD really doesn't have to switch over to the EDLP slogan. It has been proven that the world "SALE" drives people in the doors no matter what the price and they have the dollars in sales over Lowe's to back it up.

Comparing HD's #'s to Lowe's #'s is proof enough as to who is the king of the hill.

I was at Sam's Club today and the 2x20# KBB was $17.98. So that every day low price hasn't shown up there yet.

I still have a fair amount from last years sales, but will stock up again this year if the price is right.

Sam's recently moved their Galveston County store from Texas City to La Marque a few weeks ago. My mother was determined to go to their opening and was not comfortable going alone. Of course, she cajoled me into taking her (only a 50 mile trip to pick her up....10 miles to the "New" Sam's".....10 miles back to her house....and 50 miles back home.

We saw the same KBB for $17.98 and she offered to buy me a package......I told her that the early April sales would be coming and I have enough to make it until then....and if she really wanted to pay me back, we could get something from the meat department.

We spent two hours walking every inch of the new store so she could get a feel for it....(she is 81, so it is good for her)....and when we got to the meat department I selected some ribs to replace the charcoal she offered to buy......she told me....."you know I don't like ribs".......wtf

Needless to say....we got the cat litter she wanted, and some stuff from the Pharmacy....

Gotta love little old ladies.....

Joel

Back