Simply Marvelous on hindquarters witch one's best?

Rubmybutt

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just got my 5 shaker sample pack from Steph and was wondering what worked best on chicken? Just took a 10 lbs. bag of hindquarters out of the freezer and can't wait to rub and try the grub!:thumb:

They are all good, but, my favorites are cherry and apple for white meat pork or chicken.

Don't know which is best, but this weekend I brined some chicken & added some SM cherry to the brine, then rubbed it with SM cherry & it turned out fantastic!

Pretty basic - about 1 cup kosher salt & 1 cup sugar to 2 gallons of water - I really don't know the amt. of the cherry - I just threw some in 'til it "looked right". I brined somewhere between 12-14 hours. I have a feeling it would have been overly salty had I gone longer. The chicken this weekend was fine, but I could tell it was on its way to being a little much with the salt. I may dial back the salt a little next time or just stick with the shorter brining time. I also prepared the brine ahead of time and let it get cold in the fridge before putting the chicken in it so as to maintain a safe temp for storing chicken.

I brined 6 chicken breast in 2 quarts of water with 1/2 cup of Simply Marvelous Cherry for about 6 hours yesterday. Smoked them low and slow for 2 hours with Cherry woods and then added a dusting of SM Cherry when they came off the smoker. They where really good, as a matter of fact my wife asked me not to send some over to the neighbors, which I always do!@

Back