MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #16
Big Ugly's BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

If you have the ability, I highly recommend this comp!!! Bring the family, friends, or anyone who wants to have a great time, well worth the trip and the view is spectacular

Old 06-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #17
Skip
is Blowin Smoke!

Wow Pittsburgh Sams Club and this with the regional the week after. This makes for a really tough month. But this contest is top notch with a great venue.

"you're eating tree RAT, tree RAT, you're eating RAT!" -- landarc
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #18
Red Valley BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Sean

How's the judging situation? The wife and I would be willing to judge if you are still looking for judges. We are both CBJ's.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:55 PM   #19
Ponderosa BBQ
On the road to being a farker

I would like to do it because it's a week before my sams club contest in Pittsburgh I might fly out there if I could round up some cookers,table,cooler...
Ponderosa BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #20
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks guys for talkin' us up! I personally feel we have a great venue for the scenery and the teams we bring in. I wanted to bring a comp to my area and just make a competition that people wanted to come to and have fun with the whole family and we are building on that this year with expanded kids area, bands, vendors, and stuff for the adults like beer and wine tasting, the lake cruises, and all that stuff.

As far as judges, we can always use judges! We need reliable judges who will commit to attending. I know last year we had 100% CBJ on our lists but the day came and some didn't show. (they will not be asked to attend again). Give Ed a call at 1-888-Raystown x-11 to get on the list.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:03 PM   #21
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Just checking in - Any other teams considering this one? We are up to 16 now with about 70 days out. We are cutting it off at 42 and plan to get close to it by the end of August.

Im only checking in as our next meeting for the comp is tomorrow and id like to get a report.

Anything you'd like me to answer or bring up at the meeting?

Really excited! We will be looking at the designs for the custom awards and making a decision on those also.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #22
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

I'll know by the 25th whether my business conflict is resolved.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #23
tmcmaster
is One Chatty Farker

This is an awesome comp!!! And the scenery is like a screen saver!!!

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #24
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
I'll know by the 25th whether my business conflict is resolved.
I had no idea you were having a potential conflict! I really hope it works out. You were great having last year!! (loved the deep dish)

Old 07-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #25
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Turkey View Post
I had no idea you were having a potential conflict! I really hope it works out. You were great having last year!! (loved the deep dish)
Yeah, this came up recently. Pesky customers......
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #26
Red Valley BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa BBQ View Post
I would like to do it because it's a week before my sams club contest in Pittsburgh I might fly out there if I could round up some cookers,table,cooler...
What kind of cooker are you looking for? I have an Oklahoma Joe stick burner I could loan you along with some basic necessities, ie: tables, ezup, etc. Essentially a basic comp setup.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #27
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Just cooked for the BBQ @ the Beach preview over at the visitors center. Was a decent turn out. Cooked a case of wings (just over 300) and they went in under an hour so there ya go! People here are excited and looking forward to a bigger and better year.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #28
Red Valley BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Turkey View Post
As far as judges, we can always use judges! We need reliable judges who will commit to attending. I know last year we had 100% CBJ on our lists but the day came and some didn't show. (they will not be asked to attend again). Give Ed a call at 1-888-Raystown x-11 to get on the list.
Called and left a voicemail and also sent an email. Did Ed go on vacation and not tell anybody? Hope to hear from him soon, would like to plan a weekend getaway camping at the lake.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #29
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

I can possibly help you with what you need. Also, I called his office and he is out until 8am tomorrow. He has been working on a bunch of events at the Lake and I know he needed some time off to recoup.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #30
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

I just got a call from Ed. He has been in business meetings for his job Fri and today all over the state. He sends his apologies for not responding. If you have an email and or voice mail into him, he sail he will get back to you as soon as he gets back.

Thanks!

Tags
barbecue at the beach, barbeque at the beach, battle of the brethren, kcbs