THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ive only seen them in black. What's the deal? Are they limited edition? The green looks cool. I've seen a couple of yellow ones with Homer Simpson too.

The guy got it as a promo from Marlboro. Maybe a special color just for them but I'm surprised it wasnt red ;) I've never seen this color so I am loving it.

Tons of 'em, I pass 'em by for the REDHEADS.

Be sure to read the directions carefully, they cook differently from the plain 'ol black kettles.

I didn't realize the red ones were sought after. I have one at home I was getting ready to throw in the comp trailer and replace it with a new black one. May switch and keep red at home. Needs new wooden handles, originals have taken a beating from the weather.

The reveal.
da2a9ady.jpg

I got a Smokey Joe gold had it for like 8 years I think, never seen a green one, but ironically enough, I LOVE that little pit. It's big enough that you can go 2 zone for 2 fatties or a meatloaf but it's little so it's perfect to cook like say a pack of brats direct.. and since it's so small mound the coals WAY up to the grate and SLAM a steak or 2 at nutso temperatures for cheap. I'm looking forward to adding the Mini WSM mod to it. I don't know how big of a crowd you got to feed, but honestly this thing has turned out to be my most every night of the week pit, it's too economical man. But like I say, I don't get upset at my 18.5 Weber for being too small sometimes I wish I'da bought the 22.5 but I don't find myself needing it too often and if I do I can always fire up the Joe Next to my other little kettle.

Kick off the WSM for a fatty or 2, no way.... Either grill, no prob man.

Back