I don't know who Mary is...

zydecopaws

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
… but we had more than a little lamb today. In fact, we smoked a whole (boneless) leg. The leg of lamb was released from the silly hairnet they package it in and sprinkled with granulated garlic, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and dried rosemary. Hey, maybe that’s the Mary in the rhyme…

IMG_1238.JPG

On the WSM it went with the vents wide open, no water in the pan, and a side of foil (with string beans inside). After about 2 hours, the neighbors were looking to see what smelled so good, and even Cocoa the BBQ dog wanted in on the action.

IMG_1239.JPG

This was the first time string beans in foil (with the usual onions, mushrooms, and seasonings) had been done in the smoker. Other than a dirtier-than-usual package, they turned out pretty good. The watermelon was good as well…

IMG_1243.jpg

The lamb was excellent. And might have been the inspiration for the following rhyme I learned as a child:

Mary had a little lamb,
A lobster and some prunes,
A glass of milk, a piece of pie,
And then some macaroons.

It made the naughty waiters grin
To see her order so.
And when they carried Mary out,
Her face was white as snow.

Food looks great, I could have done without the rhyme as it stopped my drool. :p

Wow, looks good, the lamb looks very tasty. Now take that hairnet off...

The lamb looks great, but given how carnivorous they make me, I'd have gone Hannibal Lecter with a "silence of the lambs" poem instead ;)

Write BBQchef33, ask him who Mary is......

Back