• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

first attempt to use the uuni 3

Badjak

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So...
I managed to get myself a second hand uuni 3, and obviously had to go and try it out (at a friend's place)

Lighting it wasn't as difficult as I thought

Gl5WGUml.jpg

ZGI0yiil.jpg

The ingredients are ready. I opted for a sauce of ricotta and harissa (hence the slightly weird colour).
OcyBcWdl.jpg

Just used the sauce, some cherry tomato and mozzarella for the first one

5m3IzVAl.jpg

Pretty happy with the result

NOJM8vDl.jpg

The second one

UrEzyoVl.jpg

And then came the fun part.
The whole thing had to go into my suitcases in the plane.
I got to my destination pretty OK and so did my one bag.
The other only arrived the next day. Bit nerve wrecking, but it all turned out OK.

Next issue was the pellets. The ones I can get here are not nearly as easy to light and don't seem to run as hot.
But I managed :razz:

New set up
47G4BcXl.jpg

Collection of pizza's

8HrQVvVl.jpg

and made pita as well

6Q4Kkh2l.jpg

All in all, I am pretty happy.
Looks like every different pellet source is slightly different to work with, but it is possible (and if all else fails: I got a gas burner attachment as well)

My wife wants me to get one. She loves pizza and I often don't want to go through the hassle of firing up the BGE to bake'm.

I've read mixed reviews on all these pizza ovens that are available. Thanks!

Got one of these for my Bday just a week ago. I was thoroughly surprised with how well it worked. On my infrared thermometer, I was able to reach temps of 912 degrees on the deck. I ended up making 5 pies, each taking 1 minutes to cook. One thing I noticed, by cooking the dough so hot, it traps steam. You need to cut and then place on a rack of some sort so the dough does not steam out on a plate or cutting board.

Your pies look delicious.

Great looking pies you made. I'm sure you will enjoy that cooker.

One of our 4 wheeling friends has a uuni 3. He often brings it with him. Nothing like pizza in the desert for dinner.

I haven't used mine in about a year. I was frustrated with trying to keep temperature consistent while doing multiple pies. However, I did just get an email from them this morning that new gas burner attachment is ready for shipment at the end of the month. For $85 I think its a good add on and will hopefully get me to start making pizza again.

https://ooni.com/collections/shop-all-gas-burner-products/products/gas-burner-for-uuni-3

I think you meant Ooni :shock:

https://ooni.com/blogs/news/we-are-now-ooni

Nice looking pies!

You might just be right, but as mine has uuni written on the device, I think I will keep refering to it as "uuni" :cool:

Thanks for the responses. I am pretty happy with it and it works for me.
Not too sure about the temperatures inside the oven.
I measure 250 oC at the edge of the stone and 400+ oC when I point the IR thermometer toward the fire. (480 F, 750+ F, resp)

I'm not to fussed about t it, I just turn the pizza every 20-30 seconds.

Making some dough now. Going to try with 40% wholewheat flour, 60% bread flour.

Your's is the first post that even made me think about possibly getting a pellet cooker.

But then there's the Ooni Pro, which can burn charcoal, sticks, pellets or gas. So far, we've only used a combination of lump on the bottom for a stable coal bed, and sticks on top for getting the heat way up there.

https://ooni.com/products/uuni-pro

Yeah, that pro looks fantastci, but just a bit too expensive (and too heavy to put in a suitcase).
Now I've used the uuni/ooni 3, I am sure I would like the pro.
Maybe in a couple years when they become available second hand...

Yeah, that pro looks fantastci, but just a bit too expensive (and too heavy to put in a suitcase).
Now I've used the uuni/ooni 3, I am sure I would like the pro.
Maybe in a couple years when they become available second hand...

Makes sense!

Back