Brinkmann Gourmet Probe Mod

mrjoe

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
How do I run a probe for Brinkmann Gourmet. Want to make a grommet or small hole to pass the probe wires through for a maverick wireless. What is specific part should I buy at HD.

Also a general probe question, when taking temp for the grate, do I need to put tip of probe through a small block of wood. What is the protocol to keep from buring up the probe.

Here is a pic of my fancy probe wire feed thru - it's called a "Hole". :mrgreen:

Potatoes

Here is a pic of my fancy probe wire feed thru - it's called a "Hole". :mrgreen:

Potatoes

I like to overdue my mods. I have put 6 dampers on the bottom of my Brinkmann gourmet. Pretty sure if I open all six at once it will take off into orbit. At any rate thanks for the tip, the potatoe and the hole will work. P.S. I want to attach something to my smoker like the red thing in the picture, any suggestions, just looking for something cheap and that will fold in when not in use.

That is a $12 magnetic tray from Harbor Freight that I cut in half to make 2, plus at full length it didn't hold to round drum well so I cut it and bent it a little

Back