• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

ABT's- what's your filling?

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Everyone loves turds. What's in your filling.

My go to is a mix of cream cheese and ground chorizo.

Just put up a post about wrapping......tandoori spice mix in the cream cheese, really good & off the beaten path...............

Anything's fair game.....peanut butter & jelly is another fun one !!!!

I do not have any pics but before I started coming to this site I made ABT's that we called RATS. Just remove the cap, core the seeds and membrane, stuff with a mix of goat and feta and whatever flavor of the day, wrap in bacon and then pin the cap back on with tooth picks. The Goat and feta does not leak out when it gets hot so it will hold everything together. But when they are wrapped in bacon with the tooth picks and the stem on the pepper cap, they would come out looking like grilled rats...yum. I will make some and post pics.

I do mine a bit differently than the normal ABT I keep my peppers whole and just core them. Then I stuff them with a piece of smoked chicken and smoked gouda, wrap in bacon, sprinkle with favorite rub and cook until cheese is melted and bacon is cooked.

These have been a hit at every party I've made them for as any ABT usually is.

I did smoked Gouda, smoke bacon, smushed garlic, and cream cheese inside,
wrapped w/ Costco bacon outside, rubbed in a comp rub,
they disappear. Slow rolled 250ish for 1 1/2 hrs...

I use different cheeses but most of mine have Vinison (deer down here :wink:)
Marinated backstrap is killer in turds:thumb:

Just the standard cream cheese and smokey. But after seeing the campdude's blue cheese post, I'm going to have to have a go at those.

Matt

First try this weekend, went with cream cheese, sausage, and cheeder cheese. My wife said was the filling was a little bland and needed something, maybe to much cream cheese and not enough other stuff? I don't like peppers or cream cheese so cooking without tasting is a interesting approach.

Try living with a chef, everything is critqued by a food critic. ;-)

I do a lot of different cheeses, but blue cheese is my favorite. It goes really well with the heat of the jalapeno and the flavor of the bacon.

WOW I never thought of bleu cheese, but that is GENIUS!! I love bleu cheese! I'm definitely doing this.

I've tried them 100 different ways and honestly the way I like them best is with straight cream cheese.

I really like Diva Q's recipe. Blue cheese sounds interesting though. I'll have to give that one a try next time.

1 pkg cream cheese
1/4 cup grated Romano
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
1/2 cup grated smoked mozzarella
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp smoked ancho powder
1 tsp chipotle chili powder
1/2 onion finely diced
2 tsp franks red hot

I use either cream cheese or laughing cow creamy swiss cheese wedges. I then add green onion and bacon bits. If the jalapeños are large enough I add a chicken tender or a nice size shrimp.

Back