Camp Chef Griddle

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Sprung for a Camp Chef Professional 14# x 32# for my two burner Camp Chef SS stove. Probably should have asked this question before I ordered it but have any of you had experience with this item? If so, please give pros and cons.
I could have bought the Blackstone on sale for a slight bit more but I don't want another free standing stove taking up space on the patio. I also saw myself replacing burners and igniters on the Blackstone over time. I have done that with my gas grill and its no fun.

I just used a 14x16 cast iron one over the weekend making pancakes for Cub Scouts. It belongs to the Boy Scout Troop we are affiliated with. We use it regularly. Keep it clean and oiled and it works great. I have not used the larger one that covers both burners and is steel so I guess I can't really answer this question-sorry-but if it works as well as the single one you will love it.

I have one of each. As a griddle, the blackstone is far superior in every way. The camp chef can be used for its burners. I rarely put my griddle on the camp chef, i dont care for the hot spots.

I have one of each. As a griddle, the blackstone is far superior in every way. The camp chef can be used for its burners. I rarely put my griddle on the camp chef, i dont care for the hot spots.
Not happy about the hot spots. Does ours have the diffuser plates?

Not happy about the hot spots. Does ours have the diffuser plates?

It does but its still hot over the burner. Dont get me wrong. It works just fine, and doubles as freestanding burners. The black stone is far better for a griddle. Dollar for dollar i think i paid less for my 36” blackstone than i did for the camp chef and the additional purchase of the griddle. Honestly i use the camp chef for the burners almost every cook.

As individuals we all have different needs and preferences. I had an older Blackstone and found it cumbersome to move around and to store.

I purchased the CampChef Expedition 3X Portable Stove because of my need for portability for camping and to other events. It folds up nicely in the back of the car or trailer and only takes only a couple minutes to set up. It can be used to fry chicken wings, fish frys, or seafood boils. It is so versatile with the use of accessories, like the griddles and the large rectangular dutch oven. I use both the 16 X 24 and the 16 X 14 so I can have separate cooking surfaces if needed.

Once seasoned, the food virtually rinses off, and the griddles can we wiped with mild soapy water, rinsed and packed away. I also have the full size 16 X 38 griddle for all three burners, but I rarely use the full size griddle as I am usually cooking other items on one of the other burners.

Best of all for me, I fold it up, put it in the carry bag, and it sits neatly out of the way on a shelf in the garage until I need it again along with the many accessories I have for it.

Back