MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:37 PM   #1
Dasler
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : Das
Default Any experience with the Broilmaster charcoal grill

I came across this while searching for the PK360 is seem they are both made of Cast Aluminum but the Broilmaster have a 442 sq in area and look to be on sale for $575 with the cart

It have split 3 different grill height adjustments by turning them.
Made in the USA.

https://broilmaster.com/grills/charcoal-c3/

Brochure
https://assets.woodlanddirect.com/ac...3_Brochure.pdf

you open the front door and throw the briquettes versus hinges on the cooking grid. Not sure if this is a pro or con.

I Wonder how it would do with a low and slow smoke cook.

What you guys think,

Thanks.
Dasler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2019, 06:54 PM   #2
JTB

Default Just ordered one

I've been a lifelong weber kettle user. I've owned several and have had to replace a few. i was looking for something that would compensate for some of the shortcoming of the Weber kettles. That's when I discovered the Broilmaster. I believe it will last the rest of my grilling years. After ALOT of exhausting research I finally decided on pulling the trigger and ordered one. I'll update when I get it in and again after several cooks.
JTB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2019, 06:32 AM   #3
JTB

First update on new grill. Broilmaster C3 Charcoal: First while the price tag is steep I got it for $549 on clearance from online Target, so I had to pull the trigger. Set up was straight forward, I used my socket set with an impact driver and phillips screw driver. Initial thought was everything was excellent quality, with exception to the plastic rolling stand. It is still very good and don't foresee any issues, it's just not the beast the rest of the grill is. Impressions after one cook: I love it, everything about it is easier than my WKG's. Not only can you control air flow, but you can open the whole air intake door to really get the coals blazing. I cooked stuffed mushrooms and nine ribeye steak sandwiches. While the ribeye were really thin I still had nine steaks on their with the mushrooms and could have fit a couple more steaks. My WKG couldn't do that. Love that the lid is hinged, so no accidental sliding off or wind blowing it off. Cast aluminum is THICK and heavy duty. I like that the cooking surface is a few inches higher than the Weber. All airflow vents are visible, unlike Webers that are underneath. Haven't emptied ash catcher yet, but appears to be a breeze. I do recommend ordering the retract-a-shelf to add on. There is room underneath to have a propane tank if you'd like to add on one of their burner tables to attach to the side. Underneath has a heat shield so it won't get hot. Only negative I've found so far besides the cost of the add ons is the damper on top gets hot. The weber has a tab with rubber around it to adjust during the cook, I used tongs on the C3. The damper can also be opened much larger than the weber. I'll try to get some pics on my next cook. Expectations are I'll never buy another charcoal grill and my son will inherit this. Love the cast aluminum and made in the USA.

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-07-2019, 06:38 AM   #4
JTB

By the way about charcoal door. It's only for adding more coals or adjusting coals after you start your cook, otherwise you pull one of the racks to start or dump your already hot coals. There's a charcoal tool you can get to help with that but I just use my spatula or long tongs.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:32 AM   #5
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

Looks great. Question: On the lower vents, can you control them separately? It looks like the handle controls both at once, and there is only one center vent on top. Have you tried two zone cooking yet?

Old 10-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #6
Dasler

Name/Nickname : Das

Update:

I got one and send it back.
The lower cart/base is made of thick plastic but somehow mine cracked in a short time.
I figure it would be a continuous issue so I send it back.

The grill itself is build like a tank. The lower vents are independent of each other.
Once you close all of them the fire dies and you can reuse the coals.

My search would continue for a all in one BBQ.
Dasler is offline   Reply With Quote