Anyone Else Do Nashville Hot Chicken This Way??

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So buy grocery store fried chicken and then make your own sauce?

When I want it this is the easiest way I know. I crank the oven to re crisp the skin and then toss it in sauce.
b19a3bf272942b4865ef81d1fbfee910.jpg
b13926f3734452faf93d864a9f89cd19.jpg

I’ve done that with buffalo chicken and it turns out ok. Also I get those rotisserie chickens sometimes for casseroles and salads

I do my own sauce for buffalo popcorn chicken that I buy at the store and it turns out great! This looks awesome too

Definitively worth a try plus keeps the kitchen mess down.

That is a great idea Jason. I think I have to try that. What was your sauce/rub recipe

That is a good idea. Unfortunately for me, I am the only Nashville hot eater in my house. Mine looks like this...but only two or three piece

Last edited:
Great idea Jason! I'm going to have to try this.

Basically what Hattie B's does. Typical fried chicken with a clear hot sauce. Looks like normal chicken but its HOT!

They add more or less of the sauce to make it your desired heat level.

On the really hot levels they include it in the batter plus on top

Great idea Jason! I'm going to have to try this.

Basically what Hattie B's does. Typical fried chicken with a clear hot sauce. Looks like normal chicken but its HOT!

They add more or less of the sauce to make it your desired heat level.

On the really hot levels they include it in the batter plus on top

Ya the only thing you don't get with my way is the extra heat in the chicken batter as well. One day I will make it all the way from scratch, but just so easy on a week night to snag fried chicken from Publix or Kroger.

Oh yeah!! That's a Friday staple when camping with the fam. I use Gibson's Alambama White then toss on the campfire to reheat and basting with the sauce till warmed. Quick, easy, and tasty. Never had Nashville Hot, gonna have to give it a try

Absolutely nothing like Nashville Hot. Buffalo chicken isn't even remotely similar. Your idea is a good one.

I have the luxury of working at a restaurant that serves fried chicken. Every now & then I'll fry me up a couple pieces, and make me some "oil". Dang it's good.

I have not but that is one hell of a idea! We do get a lot of cooked chicken when we are busy during the week for chicken soup, chicken salad, chicken enchiladas and other items. Adding this one to my list.

Ty for the share.

Back