MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
BlazinSS934
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Big Apple BBQ Event In NYC with Small Competition Need HELP

So to make a long story short, I need help picking out a secret/special ingredient. Jim Beam and the Terry Farrell Firefighters Fund are hosting a small comp. for a few firehouse cooks. First place is 15 tickets to the Jim Beam VIP SkyBox at yankee stadium all inclusive. So I really would like to win .

They supply the ribs, I dont know the cut and all other ingredients. we get to take one ingredient from home. what should i do?

should i make the sauce at home and make a rub recipe at the comp from their pantry or should I get me some plowboy's and take that with me as the special ingredient?

I need some ideas on a sauce, it must include Jim Beam in it or I can spray the ribs down every hour with some Beam during the cook?

Just lookin for ideas

Thanks

Sal
BlazinSS934 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
MilitantSquatter

not sure who the judges are but I'd get a bottle of Blues Hog sauce as the secret ingredient for ribs.. make a simple rub from their pantry..

don't overdo the Jim Beam... just a light splash in the sauce or a quick spray... too much alcohol in the sauce will kill it.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles

Last edited by MilitantSquatter; 05-22-2009 at 05:37 PM..
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2009, 01:58 AM   #3
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Bourbon and cherry sauce.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote