Labory Day cook WARNING! (Don't look if you're hungry)

River City Smokehouse

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Here are some pics from yesterday. What a day! It was nice to have the BBQ and the family over for dinner. I got some of the bbq bug outta my big ole self too! Keri C's cornbread recipe was a hit and addin the pork to it was delicioso! Only one piece left and this morning when I got up it was gone so someone hit during the night. Wasn't me!
What a day:grin: !
Keri C's Cornbread with pulled pork
BBQ096w.jpg

BBQ104w.jpg

BBQ110w.jpg

BBQ125w.jpg

Peach Baked Beans
BBQ111w.jpg

Here is my pit cookin away. Keale, this big ole pit for only 2 pork butts!
BBQ089w.jpg

Butts partial way through the cook

BBQ092w.jpg

The final showing
BBQ122w.jpg

I was warned and still looked. Lunch is now further away than before.

WOW looks great.. gotta ask what camera you use and at what settings? looks like a n80 or something. great pictures.

Nice shots there, esp of the smoker and the butts cooking.

WOW looks great.. gotta ask what camera you use and at what settings? looks like a n80 or something. great pictures.

These were taken with just a Canon Rebel. It has a 50 prime on it. That's the only one my wife leaves laying around that I (or she) can use on my cooking hobby. The settings range from 1.8-4.5 at 100-400 iso and anywhere from 15-50 shutter speed. (as per what my wife says)

Maybe someday I will be worth dragging the "big guns" out for. :icon_smil :lol:

Last edited:
I'm heading toward a Nikon d80 with a 50mm prime, too... starting with a f1.8, maybe going to a f1.4.

Its almost dinner time here, no que leftovers, I didn't listen, now I'm hungry! Great pics! That cornbread and beans look awesome!
You're a purist! That big 'ol pit for 2 butts?!! That a beautiful machine!
Good luck in selling it! It must be hard to part w/ something that pretty!

You know you always look when you are told not to.. Now I got to find something for dinner. Food looks very good. Nice job!!!

Back