• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

• Lamb Shanks Yard Style (*really* Pr0n HEAVY)

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
OK guys... I'd be the first to admit I might have gone a bit overboard with these pics... :becky:. Forgive me. :wink:

Anyways, I wanted to do some lamb shanks for dinner last night but had to be on the road late with the wife so that plan got ditched, no problem. But those farking shanks have been on my mind all damn day. So yeah... I did something about it! :thumb:

Backtrack to yesterday....
Got some rosemary, roasted garlic, thyme, marjoram, shallot, mint, smoked paprika, scotch bonnet, black pepper, pimento & kosher salt and took the mortar & pestle to it with some EVOO. beat it up real good!
0abcdac5.jpg

5ed0798a.jpg

9ee439e2.jpg

Then washed & cleaned up the lamb shanks and applied the paste and vac-packed those....
a626523f.jpg

74921903.jpg

OK on to tonight...
Threw the lamb on indirect hot (300˚) with some lychee smoke and let em do their thing...
d61015e8.jpg

7c388122.jpg

e18dd38b.jpg

b77c5d55.jpg

I could have stopped right there and destroyed those things like a farkin barbarian, HOWEVERRRR I practiced restraint and trodded on to the next step... :boxing:

I took carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, garlic butter & a dash of my savory rub...
eaef6d05.jpg

Added some of this...
aadf3e29.jpg

A bit of that... :becky:
9b2cf29d.jpg

A little more herbs & pepper (rosemary, thyme and a whole uncut scotch bonnet)
a49eef6f.jpg

Threw some more wood on the fire...
5412c05d.jpg

And did this...
73c81690.jpg

Set the pot over the fire like so...
6def21c8.jpg

& here's a special treat! (video)
After a bit of this... (which is right b4 I reduced the heat after coming to a boil):
52b75af1.mp4 video by phrasty - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid9.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/phrasty/52b75af1.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@vid9@@AMEPARAM@@9@@AMEPARAM@@a84/phrasty/52b75af1@@AMEPARAM@@mp4

It looked like this:
eff75d51.jpg

NOW we're getting somewhere...:thumb:

Plated it up with some seasoned rice and sweet corn...
1b306018.jpg

Now what to drink...? Ahhh Of course!
c0d64a96.jpg

And the money shot!
6068c4fd.jpg

Oh my Lord it was good! DAMN good! Glad I have more for tomorrow! :shocked::shock::shocked::shock:

Thanks for looking guys!
Cheers...

There is nothing I can add here that your pictures don't already tell. WORK OF ART that is. Love lamb! That video clinched it.

ughh... so you live in Jamaica (my favorite place) AND you cook like something off Food Network.... the world isn't fair. Seriously man, that's awesome looking.

Thanks guys... :thumb:

ughh... so you live in Jamaica (my favorite place) AND you cook like something off Food Network.... the world isn't fair. Seriously man, that's awesome looking.

Don't worry cheeaa, The good ALWAYS comes with the bad. Pros & cons, ups & downs, Ying & Yang... there is balance! :heh: Thanks for the compliment though. :thumb:

Cheers

Don't worry cheeaa, The good ALWAYS comes with the bad. Pros & cons, ups & downs, Ying & Yang... there is balance! :heh: Thanks for the compliment though. :thumb:

Cheers

oh I know it! I was just bit ching because it's winter here and I was wanting lunch!! I do love Jamaica though!! Keep the pron coming! (food and the beaches!) :-D

Cheers

Oh, why don't you just go climb a Blue Mountain or something?:tsk:

Beautiful dish Phrasty!

:idea:x2 geurrey-one, time for coffee!:idea:
hopped up on ristrata's might make me forget those images.

Back