MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #46
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTEX View Post
Very good info and thanks for the pics too, gonna have to find some butcher or parchment paper, Sams doesnt sell it down here. Gotta try that this weekend though.

You can get parchment paper at most any grocery store. If you have a local butcher or meat market that uses butcher paper, ask them if you can have a couple of pieces big enough to wrap a brisket. But, I plan on picking up a roll of actual butcher paper from a food service supply company in a couple of weeks when I'm down, near where it is.

[COLOR=darkred]“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.”[/COLOR] - Mark Twain

- Beautiful family
- Home made trailer mounted reverse flow offset w/ vertical chamber, Weber OTG and an ECB

Last edited by CarolinaQue; 09-11-2012 at 06:53 PM..
CarolinaQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #47
RedRyderBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

http://www.pospaper.com/40coloredbutcherpaper.html

This is where I got mine from. I got enough to last me a couple years
RedRyderBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #48
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

Ive got one for you, Im having a banquet for the softball team this weekend and I feel completely flustered about brisket. got a nighttrain brisket going right now, but is the difference between foil and paper that much that I shouldnt try it this weekend on a pair of packers or since Im not confident anyways, run with it and give her a shot?
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #49
QTEX
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks for the tip on the paper
QTEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #50
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untraceable View Post
Ive got one for you, Im having a banquet for the softball team this weekend and I feel completely flustered about brisket. got a nighttrain brisket going right now, but is the difference between foil and paper that much that I shouldnt try it this weekend on a pair of packers or since Im not confident anyways, run with it and give her a shot?
Nope, I would go for it. The one I did took just as much time to do using paper as it does foil this last weekend. The big thing I would recommend is being careful to make sure you're probing the meat if using paper. I did find it more difficult to make sure I was hitting the meat than it is using foil.

[COLOR=darkred]“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.”[/COLOR] - Mark Twain

- Beautiful family
- Home made trailer mounted reverse flow offset w/ vertical chamber, Weber OTG and an ECB

Old 09-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #51
altomari8868
On the road to being a farker

Great post, thanks for taking time to share it.
altomari8868 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #52
rexbbq
Full Fledged Farker

They sell huge rolls of butcher paper at Sams Club. Rather cheap if I remember correctly.

Rex's Red Hot BBQ
[url]http://www.savoryreviews.com[/url]

KCBS & MABA Member
[B]Black Thermapen[/B] and Backup [B]Blue Thermapen[/B]!
BBQ Guru Shotgun Smoker, Traeger Lil Tex, Traeger Texas, Weber Performer, Weber OTS (X3), Weber Spirit (gasser)
rexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #53
Dave Russell
is One Chatty Farker

Carolina Q, thanks so much for the post and all the details. Gonna try the paper on my next brisket cook, for sure!

Old 09-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #54
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

alright man, Ill do one of them in butcher paper and the other foiled. hopefully this isnt just a 20 dollar roll of coloring paper that I buy for the niece

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #55
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untraceable View Post
alright man, Ill do one of them in butcher paper and the other foiled. hopefully this isnt just a 20 dollar roll of coloring paper that I buy for the niece

I think that the kind you buy for drawing on and such is thinner than real butcher paper. I believe that the stuff they sell in craft stores that is equal or close to butcher paper is known as "banner" paper.

- Beautiful family

Old 09-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #56
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaQue View Post
I think that the kind you buy for drawing on and such is thinner than real butcher paper. I believe that the stuff they sell in craft stores that is equal or close to butcher paper is known as "banner" paper.
Careful here - a lot of utility papers sold in rolls like craft paper use petroleum release agents.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #57
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

I purposely sought out butcher paper at a local food supply place to make sure it was food safe paper. If you have a Sams or Costco Business then you are golden. We have several other smaller restaurant places out here that sell the stuff too. I am a little to leary of paper production to trust any source for cooking.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #58
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

Some very good points!

- Beautiful family

Old 09-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #59
Jethro608
Full Fledged Farker

Thank you for this.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #60
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

naw, I was at my sams yesterday and saw the roll of 1000' of butcher paper. I was just joking that if it sucks, its going to be used for coloring paper when lil ones come over.

does anyone actually use butcher paper in the age of foodsavers?