Two Pies. (pics)

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
The pizza throwdown got me itching to make a pizza in the kettle. It had been way too long. Well, I got distracted with the kiddos and ended up burning the bottom of the crust. So this one is not going to make the cut for the throwdown. But maybe next week. The deep dish apple pie however turned out great.

The crust and the sauce were homemade. Topped it off with mozzarella, chicken and some Tillamook sharp cheddar.

Sn6Ch7Jl.jpg

WuyNJoBl.jpg

wqiYj3Jl.jpg

Cooked up some chicken for topping the pie
6hmVWQrl.jpg

UZoPEkIl.jpg

Y1r3W44l.jpg

And now for the deep dish apple pie.
I started with my favorite pie crust recipe and worked on the filling while it was chilling. I baked it in my Lodge deep skillet. I cooked it for the first 35 min with the lid on then the last 30 with the lid off. Cinnamon, white sugar, cloves, allspice, ginger and nutmeg were mixed with the apple to make the filling.

dfhvwfcl.jpg

fWWBjvql.jpg

Instead of trimming the crust for looks, I just folded it over to make a really nice thick top crust. I will be doing that again!
qthusw8l.jpg

All done.
jk1jP5Jl.jpg

JFuoSo1l.jpg

dN5TtRBl.jpg

Oh, man.... they both look great from here.

Kids are.... *squirrel!*... distracting. Sorry to hear about the crust.

CINCHOUSE is nearly drooling on my keyboard from that apple pie. Most excellent!

Heck yeah! Both look excellent!

Thanks Jeanie

Oh, man.... they both look great from here.

Kids are.... *squirrel!*... distracting. Sorry to hear about the crust.

CINCHOUSE is nearly drooling on my keyboard from that apple pie. Most excellent!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to picking up some more apples next time I'm in town to do it again. But the bride says I need to make her a pumpkin pie first.

Back