my funky brisket under way

motley que

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
some of the names have been changed to reflect my version of funk. doin a combo slow/high heat

covered the 10lb packer with Wooster (Lenny Kravitz) then added my rub consisting of James Brown (salt) Bootsy Collins (Black Pepper) and Flea (Lime Pepper) being that old habits die hard I added a touch of Rick James (paprika) and Sly (brown sugar) and Bernard Edwards (granulated garlic)

for smoke I have Wild Cherry (cherry) Prince (pecan) and Les Claypool/Primus (apple)

once it hits 140, cranking up the jayhawk drum smoker....pics to follow

Make sure your firebox is facing east so you you get maximum funk shui.

Sounds like a new order in the brethren is forming, Brothers of the Funk and the Funky Way.

Post some pics eh?

So james brown is salt and prince is pecan? huh, interesting. Naming your spices after celebrities. Thats cool. Never thought of that.

Tommy lee could be like lemon pepper and Hendrix could be cayenne

So james brown is salt and prince is pecan? huh, interesting. Naming your spices after celebrities. Thats cool. Never thought of that.

Tommy lee could be like lemon pepper and Hendrix could be cayenne

Find Barbefunk's origional brisket post for a better understanding. Tommy Lee would have to be a big jim pepper

hmm i flipped the brisket to firm up the bark for a lil, when i turned it back over (fat down) all the rub fell off. never had that with a mustard slather. guess ya live n learn. at 4 hours in its at 180 or so, will leave it on a little while longer and pull/cooler

thats odd that it fell off of the mustard slather. Maybe the mustard kinda hardened up or something and the rub couldnt adhere to it.

Still trying to find barbefunkoramas brisket post. All i found was the night train dark closet one. Wouldnt mind learning all th slang celeb terms for spices and stuff

some of the names have been changed to reflect my version of funk. doin a combo slow/high heat

covered the 10lb packer with Wooster (Lenny Kravitz) then added my rub consisting of James Brown (salt) Bootsy Collins (Black Pepper) and Flea (Lime Pepper) being that old habits die hard I added a touch of Rick James (paprika) and Sly (brown sugar) and Bernard Edwards (granulated garlic)

for smoke I have Wild Cherry (cherry) Prince (pecan) and Les Claypool/Primus (apple)

once it hits 140, cranking up the jayhawk drum smoker....pics to follow

Sorry,

Sirduke Worchestershire
Salt is Clinton
Boosty is Red Pepper
Larry is Pepper
Lime Pepper is Tito Puente Pepper.
Prince is Onion (Purple because there is no other kind)
Rick James is Garlic (I love saying Smash the Skins off of Rick James)
Brown Sugar is James Brown
Paprika is Tina Turner

If you would like to debate the merits of my assignations of funk and why I chose these spices lets do it!

CLAYPOOL PRIMUS is now Apple and
Wild Cherry was always CHERRY or Cherries

Good Job.

Flea is and always will be a Bottle of Superglue (Bassists will know why)
and Bernard Edwards Hmm .... Prickly pear Nectar or Guava Jelly?

Your supposed to lay the UDS on it's side while cooking? Man I have been doing it wrong all along.

attachment.php

Yup got the flea superglue référence though i never had to do it

Geddy lee = canadian bacon
Kyle kyle = (dancing on) coals
Jaco = cajun spice

Yep a bassist here. Not trying to rename your spices just givin them a rockers perspective of da funk. Btw what would the pfunk mothership be?

Remember the Music Video Links still work...please click Tina Turner and tell me that is anything but Paprika dancing on stage

No whiskey for sale
Get drunk no bail
salt pork and molasses
is all you get in jail

By the way... Nutbush City Limits is Nutmeg of course

I have to say... It is a UDS. Honestly those things are.. I can;t even talk about it because I keep making them and giving them away.

Yup got the flea superglue référence though i never had to do it

Geddy lee = canadian bacon
Kyle kyle = (dancing on) coals
Jaco = cajun spice

Yep a bassist here. Not trying to rename your spices just givin them a rockers perspective of da funk. Btw what would the pfunk mothership be?

Back