Dieting and BBQ....dare I ask

this is great info, exactly what I am looking for. I have dropped 10 pounds in almost 2 weeks. I have been following weight watcher on my own and having great success. I always read all these great meals and for the most part there is a lot to BBQ that is unhealthy.

I take comfort in reading these posts to know that although BBQ could be seen as unhealthy, several of us are able to share stories of similarity. It is refreshing and encouraging to know that there are many out there in the same shoes as me.

Thank you so much.

I hope this thread will always be able to provide encouragement to others looking to shed a few pounds in our little community.

Another thing that helps is I rarely enjoy my own Q. I'll take a bite here and there but that's all. Nothing wrong my my Q as everyone else seems to enjoy it.

I just thought I'd throw this out there, but I remember reading somewhere online that pulled pork with all the fat removed is almost as lean as turkey. At least not all is lost for us. :biggrin1:

Dieting can be fun

Salmon Seasoned with Coopers and one tablespoon brown sugar for the 2.5# filet

Last edited:
It's all about portion control and moderation. You dont have to completely cut out animal products, carbs, sugar etc. You just have to have portion control and eat the "bad" foods in moderation. I only have one life on this earth so you can bet your behind i will eat a burger once in a while, pizza etc.

I just thought I'd throw this out there, but I remember reading somewhere online that pulled pork with all the fat removed is almost as lean as turkey. At least not all is lost for us. :biggrin1:

I agree with this statement. And it goes for most properly bbq'd meats where all the fat has been rendered out, leaving you with moist and delicious eats.

When people talk about fatty spare ribs, the first thing that comes to mind is they were undercooked.

Back