• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Breaking in the New UDS w/Pron

Great job on the drum...your food looks excellent too!!

Great job on the drum...your food looks excellent too!!

Thank you!! That means alot coming from you with all the great looking food pron you show off.

And hope you dont mind if i copy a few of your great recipes from your blog? :biggrin1:

Thank you!! That means alot coming from you with all the great looking food pron you show off.

And hope you dont mind if i copy a few of your great recipes from your blog? :biggrin1:

Thank you!! :hug:.....and Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate it!
Feel free to use the recipes...they are meant to be tweaked to suit your own taste. :-D

You could add a second grate below your existing one. For the longest time I was convinced I didn't need one but after I added it I was very glad I did. It not only doubles the UDS's capacity, but also allows you to place a clay saucer under a finicky cut of meat to protect it from direct radiant heat. I add water to my clay saucer when cooking smaller beef roasts and it really helps retain moisture. I know these ain't water cookers but there's more than one way to skin a cat!

I thought about that also. I'm also trying to find a kettle lid.

I kinda like this water pan Norcoredneck made

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=683470&postcount=10

Your right there is more then one way to skin a cat!!

Thanks for the compliment it was a fun build!! I threw it together in about 4 hours.

I picked up the expanded metal at Metal Supermarkets for $11! :thumb: All on piece 10" high by 54" wide. That way it fit all the way around the charcoal grate for the 22.5 Weber kettle. But there isn't any close to Akron. Unless you travel to Fort Wayne IN, or Cincinnati OH.

But lowes and home depot both carry similar expanded metal.

Thanks for the tip on Metal Supermarket. I've never heard of it before and just went to their website and found they've got a store about 7 miles from me! I'll have to check it out soon!

Great build and cook!

Thanks for the tip on Metal Supermarket. I've never heard of it before and just went to their website and found they've got a store about 7 miles from me! I'll have to check it out soon!

Great build and cook!

You are very welcome they have always been real reasonable on the price. And the will cut it to order!!

Back