Catfish n Etouffee

Simply Wow! Another amazing cook, jeanie. The photography as always is eye candy, the prep shots, the cook itself and of course the presentation of the finished product. And oh yeah, it looks delicious. I'll have to add this to my "to make" list at some point.

Outstanding!

-Dom

Jeanie, I do not know how I missed this yesterday but when I seen it I just had to comment. Looks like a great meal and that sunset is a fitting end to a great day. What a fantastic view. Thanks for posting. I really need to try that blackened seasoning.

A delicious meal beautifully executed once again, Jeanie! I love love love catfish and love that Cajun/Creole cooking as well. I would go to a lot of trouble just for a plate of that.

I got a Paul Prudhomme book a while back and everything I've made out of it has been a grand slam - great stuff!

Thanks for putting that up!

I don't know what's more beautiful: your food or that view of the lake. Both are about as perfect and glorious as can be. I love catfish and etouffee. Perfect combo.

Very kind of you Ulc, thanks so much! I really enjoy that little lake.. It's so peaceful, catching fish is a bonus!
:grin:
Simply Wow! Another amazing cook, jeanie. The photography as always is eye candy, the prep shots, the cook itself and of course the presentation of the finished product. And oh yeah, it looks delicious. I'll have to add this to my "to make" list at some point.

Outstanding!

-Dom

Thank you Dom! Hope you give the combo a try sometime! :grin:

Jeanie, I do not know how I missed this yesterday but when I seen it I just had to comment. Looks like a great meal and that sunset is a fitting end to a great day. What a fantastic view. Thanks for posting. I really need to try that blackened seasoning.

Thank you Tom! I think you'd like the blackened seasoning. It's great on a lot of things. I cut down the cayenne to suit my taste but the rest is really tasty.
:grin:

Jeanie.....INCREDIBLE....simply INCREDIBLE......you’re the only person I know that truly loves to cook catfish other than frying....that I know......wonderful post...

Thanks Keith!! I bet you know a million ways to prepare catfish without frying. lol I like it smoked too...makes a great dip! Hope you're having a nice day. :grin:

I’d sit in the rain and eat it just to get some of that!
lol Thanks Blue! Hope you give it a try sometime! (not the rain part). :grin:

A delicious meal beautifully executed once again, Jeanie! I love love love catfish and love that Cajun/Creole cooking as well. I would go to a lot of trouble just for a plate of that.

I got a Paul Prudhomme book a while back and everything I've made out of it has been a grand slam - great stuff!

Thanks for putting that up!

Thanks Greg! I bet you'd like this combo.
Great about the book! Bet you're cookin' up some amazing stuff!
I need to check out more of his recipes. I love the blackened seasoning.
Hope all is well on your end of the world! :grin:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I had posted a response to this thread not long after you posted it. Then God sent a lightning storm and it rained hammerhandles and pitchforks. Then just as I was getting ready to post the electric went out. I will try again until the next one hits. Know you have been dodging this Spring weather too Jeanie.

We have a Yankee friend coming down from Michigan this weekend. I was stationed with him from 76-78 in Charleston SC in the USAF. We've not seen eachother in 40 years but we always stayed in touch. He and his Wife are coming for a visit. Aside from saying the normal Louisiana stuff (like how much does y'all's little dog weigh? If he over 15 lbs. he should be safe from the mosquitoes. They can only lift them about a foot off the ground) We are going to take them to CrawDaddy's for that very dish.

That is seriously some of the best stuff around!

Yours looks Fantastic!

I had posted a response to this thread not long after you posted it. Then God sent a lightning storm and it rained hammerhandles and pitchforks. Then just as I was getting ready to post the electric went out. I will try again until the next one hits. Know you have been dodging this Spring weather too Jeanie.

We have a Yankee friend coming down from Michigan this weekend. I was stationed with him from 76-78 in Charleston SC in the USAF. We've not seen eachother in 40 years but we always stayed in touch. He and his Wife are coming for a visit. Aside from saying the normal Louisiana stuff (like how much does y'all's little dog weigh? If he over 15 lbs. he should be safe from the mosquitoes. They can only lift them about a foot off the ground) We are going to take them to CrawDaddy's for that very dish.

That is seriously some of the best stuff around!

Yours looks Fantastic!
First of all... Thank you for your service Mike! I appreciate all you've done for me, my family and my friends.
Shoot! Hope you keep safe. These storms are incredible...
Hope you and your Friend have a wonderful visit. I'm sure you will! :grin:
Thank you so much for the kind comment! :hug:

That looks delicious Jeanie! :thumb: :thumb:

Thank you Husker! Hope you're having an amazing week! :grin:

W w w w w w w w.... Wow.

2a1e6a88.gif

Well young lady I would say as a Texas Coon ass born and bred that is some mighty fine looking creole. Do you get much crawfish up in OK?

Well young lady I would say as a Texas Coon ass born and bred that is some mighty fine looking creole. Do you get much crawfish up in OK?

Thank you Capt! My family is from the south, I grew up on grits and gumbo. :grin:
Yes, some years the crawfish are heavy. The drought here has played heck with the ponds but on good years, you can bring in quite a few.
I have homemade traps... http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2009/06/homemade-crawdad-traps.html
I use the traps to harvest my shrimp too. They work great! :-D
Thanks again!

I can just add to the awe we all feel looking at your cooks Jeanie. Best thing on the internet!

Back