dry cure pastrami/corned beef/venison?

DustyQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've long ago converted to dry curing instead of brining. Its a lot less mess, takes up a lot less real estate in the fridge and most of all because i'm impatient, no waiting for brines to cool etc. Just mix spices, apply, vacuum seal and then give it a flip every day.

I have a small brisket and an ample supply of venison that I'm thinking about turning into pastrami and I'd much prefer to "dry corn" (is that a thing?) if possible. The cure is easy to calculate, but I'm not sure how to adjust the amount of pickling spice or how the dry process will translate their flavors.

I've long ago converted to dry curing instead of brining. Its a lot less mess, takes up a lot less real estate in the fridge and most of all because i'm impatient, no waiting for brines to cool etc. Just mix spices, apply, vacuum seal and then give it a flip every day.

I have a small brisket and an ample supply of venison that I'm thinking about turning into pastrami and I'd much prefer to "dry corn" (is that a thing?) if possible. The cure is easy to calculate, but I'm not sure how to adjust the amount of pickling spice or how the dry process will translate their flavors.

I believe that cowgirl has a venison pastrami recipe on her blog or if you dm her she could probably point you to it.

Here's the dry cure I use for beef, pork or venison...
It's my favorite!

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186337&highlight=venison+beef+pork

venison...

36g2Lvi.jpg

beef...

IZhG2FX.jpg

and pork...

6hCzVOc.jpg

Back