May 4, 2024 SouthEast Bash Invitation post, Lebanon, Tn.

Anyone know what's happening in Nashville that weekend? Hotel prices are insane. Looks to be about triple the normal rates. Might not be visiting Nashville after all. Might stop in Louisville for a couple days instead.

Lebanon is a hop and skip from Nashville proper. We plan on booking at the South end of town about 8 miles from the Cedars of Lebanon State Park Bash.

Lebanon is a hop and skip from Nashville proper. We plan on booking at the South end of town about 8 miles from the Cedars of Lebanon State Park Bash.

Yep, I'll be staying up that way. Wanted to hit the bars and maybe a que joint in Nashville, never been, but $200 rooms are going for $700+ that weekend. Hard pass on that. May stop in Louisville on the way down and hit a couple bourbon distilleries instead.

Where ya staying in Lebanon? I haven't looked at hotels there yet. Can ya pick me up a couple packages of Boudin?

Anyone bringing a smoker? None of mine are portable. Or is it grilling only? Doesn't matter to me, still trying to decide what to make.

Well, Ain't life full of twists and turns? We will not be able to make it to the Bash. My Bride was accepted into clinical trials for an illness. This maybe a long process and requires us being available here locally. You folks raise a cup for us. We were really looking forward to this one. Hopefully next year!

Was hoping to combine this bash with a chance to meet my new great great niece in Knoxville but we'll be coming to TN later that month. Hope y'all have a great time.

Mike, prayers for Ann and you during this time.

LuzziAnn will be taking IV's for a FDA approved drug for dementia. Got to be by her side. Lord knows she's been with me for 48 years.

Andy!

Louisiana has your recipe! You know we're gonna eat it if if don't eat us first!

CHYgxGX.jpg

Think I figured out why everything is expensive that weekend. Was looking to stay in Louisville for a few days and hit some distilleries instead of going to Nashville. Hotels are mostly sold out there as well.

Kentucky Derby is that Saturday.

Back