is oscar mayer pulled pork any good?

Actually, we've had this product in Memphis for years. We call it "Corky's" though...:roll:
True that. My wife is from Memphis and when we were dating and after we first got married her parents were still living there. They thought the sun rose and set on "Corky's." I was NEVER impressed. Tasted like just run of the mill pork with some sauce splashed on it. The ribs were slathering wet and dripping with pure sugar sauce. The dry rub would be the ones that I would always hit because I could actually taste some pork in them from time to time and they were just better tasting to me than the wet ones. Her parents still just rave about Corky's but to be honest I've had better at some mom and pop "hole in the wall" joints ran out of run down shacks. Corky's is one of those things in my mind that is WAY over rated.

Speaking of holes in the wall type places, if you are in Memphis and ever get down to Starkville, there is a place there I used to get q from when I was a student there that is pretty dang good. It is an old black man and he has a house trailer set up with some wood burner smokers out there. If he is still open and hasn't changed anything, it is good eats. The name of it back then was "Petty's BBQ"... I haven't been back to that area in several years though. Little Dooey's is over there too but I wasn't never as impressed with them as I was Petty's.

946b70e06298012f2fdb00163e41dd5b

If it shows up around here--I may try a package just to see how good it is (or is not) for myself.

I try not to pre-judge based on theory or emotion.
But, that is just me. :oops:

Time will tell.

TIM

Serously though....once you smother it with SBR, it's not going to taste any different than your regular pulled pork!:becky:

My wife and I ate at The Shed a few months ago. The one in Ocean Springs. I wasn't impressed with the ribs. My wife said she liked mine better. The decor was cool though. :)

I saw this in my grocery store yesterday. 6.99 for 11oz. Color wasn't even close to the real deal. Mrs. SJ looks and me and says, "I'd rather eat spam" - and she HATES spam.

I'm afraid to try it for fear my taste buds will jump out of my tongue. Wieners? O.K. Bologna and Salami? O.K. Pulled Pork? NFW!!!

I feel certain that it taste like fresh made pulled pork exactly like canned tuna tastes like a fresh grilled piece of tuna.

Mmmmmm; you bet. It'll be an awefully cold day in hades before I buy some of that, and colder still when I ingest it.

Back