Fryer

Bill-Chicago

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Ma
Thought of this from Jorges post.

Gonna use the basket in my cast iron pot to do up a mess of shrimps and fries tomorrow, maybe hush puppies too.

So plenty of you have turkey fryers, deep fryers, fryers with their cast iron pots, etc.

What do you like to fry? I know turkeys, chickens, wings, drumsticks.

What else?

Anyone bread a atomic buffalo turd and fry it?

I might experiment if I see something I like.

Corn on the cob

clam strips

mozzarella sticks

cheddar nuggets

Catfish nuggets

Shrimp

Frog legs

Just for a start. Firing up the fryer is fun. When we do a neigborhood shindig and the fryer gets busted out, anything goes

I have not tried the dessert thing yet that I have heard so much about. snickers bars, twinkies and such. Just sounds like gluttony.

Something similar to a turd. Most places call them poppers. Take pickled jalapenos and slice them in half, retaining the stem on one half. Remove seeds and veins. Stuff with a mix of cream cheese, garlic, cumin, paprika, onion powder, or whatever you like. Dip stuffed pepper in condensed milk, flower with paprika mixed in, condensed milk again, crushed saltine crackers. Fry em up.

Edit: reason for retaining the stem? Tell the timid that they are fried mice.

Jorge said:
Something similar to a turd. Most places call them poppers. Take pickled jalapenos and slice them in half, retaining the stem on one half. Remove seeds and veins. Stuff with a mix of cream cheese, garlic, cumin, paprika, onion powder, or whatever you like. Dip stuffed pepper in condensed milk, flower with paprika mixed in, condensed milk again, crushed saltine crackers. Fry em up.

That be good $hit. I don't split I core

Forgot about the last time we got together with the neighbors.

Go to the butcher and ask him for "fresh sides". This is bacon meat that has nothing done to it. Not cured or anything. Cube it up, deep fry and you just made a batch of cracklins. You can probably request fresh sides with the skin still on.

Oh yeah, dust lightly with salt, but I'll bet that so flav would be pretty darned good also. I plan on doing some of these at the sep. bash.

parrothead said:

Go to the butcher and ask him for "fresh sides". This is bacon meat that has nothing done to it. Not cured or anything. Cube it up, deep fry and you just made a batch of cracklins. You can probably request fresh sides with the skin still on.

Oh yeah, dust lightly with salt, but I'll bet that so flav would be pretty darned good also. I plan on doing some of these at the sep. bash.

Next will be cane poles and straw hats :lol:

parrothead said:

Sounds great! Fat, fried in fat.

brdbbq said:
parrothead said:

Next will be cane poles and straw hats :lol:

Bare feet, dueling banjos, and Levi Garret. For the record I don't own a banjo.....

You taking tomorrow off and I got to put up with you ALL day long?

I guess it ain't no different than any other day............ :mrgreen:
-------------------
I'm off today, I got three slabs rubbed down with Tony C's in Black Beauty already. I got 2 packs of thighs and a pack of legs going in on the three hour mark of the ribs, probably use lemon pepper on some and Blues Hog on the rest. Cooking with lump, kingsford, apple and cherry in Black Beauty.
I got the electric out and it's got a shank portion ham in it, using sugar maple in it. This ought to hold me and the neighborhood over until Saturday. LOL

Here's one a friend told me about. Take a hotdog and split it down the middle without seperating the 2 halves. Stuff the now split hotdog with jalapeno slices and cheddar. Wrap in bacon (may take 2 pieces), and deep fry. I think it was called a texas twister, but we could call them dog turds (hot dog thing).

I will double check with him this weekend and see if that is how they were done.

I saw those chocolate bars, slightly frozen, dipped in pancake batter, then fried, on FoodTV recently
Take a snickers bar and insert a corndog type stick or something like that, then place in freezer. When frozen, dip in batter and deep fry.

Back