• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Harvey Wallbanger cake

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Here's a blast from the past: I made a Harvey Wallbanger cake like my mom used to make back in the 70's. There is vodka and Galliano in the cake batter and the glaze. It's on it's way to my wife's office party. I understand someone else is making classic rum cake - so there is going to be a party this afternoon. I also made the candied orange slices...bit of a PITA but I'll try again since these were "OK"...think I can do better. I've got some lemons I've got to use so maybe I'll candy them, too.
Oh, and I've been cooking enough lately to get my knife callus going again. Once upon a time I had a real good callus. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Harvey Wallbanger cake.jpg
    Harvey Wallbanger cake.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 120
  • chefs callus.jpg
    chefs callus.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 120
As long as you're not mixing it with Jager...:mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Only about a shot each of vodka and Galliano in the cake and also in the glaze. But, people forget that the vodka is 80 proof and so is the Galliano. If mixing the drink you are, in effect, getting two shots per drink!! :twisted: The Harvey Wallbanger and vodka/liqueur drinks are pure genius!! :mrgreen: How else can you get the object of your affection to drink doubles!

Pretty basic modified cake mix:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/harvey-wallbanger-cake/

18.25 ounce yellow cake mix (not with pudding)
3.5 ounce instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup veg oil
5 ounces Galliano (4 for the cake, 1 for the glaze)
2 ounces vodka (1 ounce each cake and glaze)
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup confectioner's sugar for glaze

What's the deal with the hand pic? Did I miss something?

I've kept barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen enough recently that I'm getting my chef knife callus back. :twisted:

Back