Chuckie help

F

fnnm358

Ok everyone I have 3 chuckies going on the UDS tomorrow morning they are about 2 pounds each.

Will rub and wrap tonight before bed and then start a chimney around 5:00 am

Need help on what time frame it will take to cook I know it will be done when it is done but I am planning dinner around 4:00pm is this enough time or should I start sooner.

Before and after pics to prove I did it as usual even remembered to grab the camera from work so no cell phone photo's.

Cook them like a pork butt. They will take a little longer per pound ( closer to 2 hours ):-D. I wrap in foil at 160* then put them back in til they get 205* internal, then rest them in a cooler for a couple hours then pull.:-D Makes some of the best pulled beef ever.:cool:

Plan about two hours per pound. If they are done a little sooner than planned you can just wrap and cooler until you are ready.

Chuckies ROCK!

so I have 3 two punders do I add all together for the time or does 4 to 5 hours seem ok

Not unless you are going to sew them together :-D As long as they are separated the heat will surround each one and it will cook on it's own. I have found that smaller cuts of meat tend to take longer per pound that larger cuts. Watch them and if they are drying out foil them with some broth or juice..

Sorry i missed your post Ed, you got good advice, now where are them lil puppies?? :confused::biggrin:

no time to prep tonight so i will rub them in the morning and start the uds around 8 picks to follow i will start a new thread for it

Foil at 165-170. Don't take them off the smoker until the meat twist easy with a fork. Mine always tend to run about three hours per lb. Rest for 3-4 hours if possible.

thanks everyone and the cook is going to start here is the prep pic

chuckiesreadyforQ.jpg

I see mustard that needs more rub! :biggrin:
What rub ya using? What time is dinner? :cool:

yes i just rubbed the top and bottom doing an experiment to see reaction as for the rub it is just a basic rub brown sugar paprika salt pepper cayene and cummin

dinner will be around 5 come on over there will be enough thats for sure.

just some follow up pics hope you enjoy about an hour and a half and i will post some peeks at chuckies in the heat

temp is good
cookingtempondrum.jpg

smoke is good
smokefromdrum.jpg

ok the chuckies are foiled and I added some beef broth with some onion powder and garlic added to it thetemp of the chuckies were 170 when foiled will check every hour to see were at the wired probe i am using is farked up so have to do with a hande probe.

finished picks along with plating to follow

Thanks again for everyones help

Ok after 6 hours what a meal I like doing chuckies and I love this drum it ran nice and smooth at 225 at the outside gage and 260 inside at center

this is after 2 hours
P1010038.jpg

The dinner table with the chuckie cucs in vinegar and cottage cheese
P1010039.jpg

dinner is served
P1010041.jpg

Looks good brother, Chuckies kick arse!!

Thanks everyone for your help the Chuckies were excellent and I will cook them again soon

That's some Fine Looking Chuck!!! Great Job...

Back