Big Ron's Center Cut Porkchops with Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well, I managed to find some center cut porkchops with some really decent fat content.:-D
What to do? GRILL! They were rubbed with Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction (Great on pork!) and allowed to sit in the fridge overnight. After bringing up to room temp it was time to fire up the Smokey Joe. I set up the Joe indirect with a small foil pan and some more foil to have about 1/3 area for the 1/3~1/2 chimney of lit coals. The chops were seared on both sides then cooked indirect. At 120 IT I glazed the chops with Big Ron's BBQ Sauce. This stuff is the a perfect compliment to the Sweet Seduction as it's very savory with a touch of sweet and a little heat. (Get some of this as well as the SMSS - you will NOT be disappointed) After the chops went a little further they were flipped and the second side was glazed and cooked to 145 (Meant to pull at 140 but, well, you know) and then foiled and rested while Redhot finished the sweet tater fries and some King's Hawiian rolls. There were no leftovers.

I got the sauce from Big Ron for free with another purchase during his promotion and I must say I WILL be getting more. There are only a few tablespoons left and I'm already Jonesin'.:becky:

Here's some pics. Sorry about the focus.:roll:

chops.jpg

chops1.jpg

chops2.jpg

chops3.jpg

chops5.jpg

chops4.jpg

chops7-1.jpg

chops8.jpg

chops9.jpg

chops11.jpg

chops12.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Looks great and glad to hear the sauce worked out for you! :cool:

Hopefully you will try one of my rubs as well :pray:

Looks great. I ordered some of Big Ron's rub and recieved the free sauce, but have yet to try it. After those pics I will have to get busy this weekend and find a use for some of that sauce.
Thanks for sharing.

Great lookin meal G...

"Focus dammit! Focus!" :heh:

Hmmm, I wonder if it was the camera or the user...you notice that the first pix are completely in focus, then suddenly the camera decides it doesn't feel like focusing? Or maybe he was just ready to devour those chops, which were oh sooooo good BTW, done to perfection! Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction and Big Ron's BBQ sauce were an excellent combo, both are must tries!:thumb:

That pron's got me hrony for pork chops! :hungry: I've been loving the Sweet Seduction too. Been putting it on chix and ribs of late. Those chops look amazing - thanks for posting! :thumb:

those look great!! looks like another recipe of yalls i gotta try..i followed Red Hots chicken quesadilla recipe she posted a while back and got smiles all around the table.. they were a grand slam to say the least!! it appears i'll be the resident copycat again as i'll be tryin these chops most likely thursday while L.S.U. invades Starkville.. seems as if the heat from the grill magically makes the Crown Royal evaporate from my bottle..

Back