Burgers and duck drums, Weber in China

rolf

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just some peeks of what we grilled, international style. Involved were one texan, 3 australians and one german. And it took place on our chinese balcony.
Nothing fancy, blended ginger, garlic and spices, mixed it with ground beef and pork. Marinated duck wings(the chinese chicken wings are too small) and some potatos and corn under the grate.
bbq1.jpg

bbq2.jpg

bbq3.jpg

First I build two solid piles of hot coals on both sides, then I droped the cast iron hotplate on the hotter side.
Check out how the beer sizzles next to the burgers.

Last edited:
Man that looks good! I am liking that cast iron grate.

Thanks for the pron. Does look great and the cast iron grate is a new one to me. Is it a chinese design?

I dont have a 22.5 Weber, but I can sure see one of those in a UDS.

Okay, I want one of those grates.

Thanks for the pron.

Man that looks good and as stated those are some neet grids.

Just placed my pre-order for that CI grate...Some fine looking "Chinese Food" there too! Thanks Brothers!:-D

For a specialty cast iron grate - the price is not bad at all. Plus the web site says there's still a $10 discount for pre-orders. For those who have a UDS *and* a Weber 22.5 kettle, it's perfect. I think I want one for the UDS, with proper care, it'll outlast any and all UDS I may build.

Anyone think for UDS use - the grate bolts would need to be 'beefed up?' - especially those of us only using 1/4" bolts? I think I'd upgrade to a u-bolt (or whatever they're called) just for the added stability.

Rolf - thanks for sharing!!

Man..I hate when someone posts something that you "just have to have" I really really like that grate. But...when it comes to stuff like this..its "an investment...that will last a lifetime" ....thats what I tell myself to make my check book feel better...

Im in for one of those too, thanks for the action shots.

Man, that looks like a nice addition to the free One-Touch Platinum I scored a couple weeks back. I don't know if I need the modular pieces, seems that a single piece would work. Does anyone make a less expensive single piece cast iron grate for a weber?

Cast Iron can only be casted up to a certain size, otherwise the molten iron cools and hardens to soon. Thats why all the gas grill grates have a certain size. We make one piece grates for smokers, but they are all in germany:
7.5" x 15"
14.2" x 15"
round 15"
I can make custom parts if you like, but you gotta get to a certain quantity to make the shipping worth it.

But just think - the modular grate version would work the same as the Weber grate with the sides that lift up... to add more charcoal or smoke-wood...

And as soon as you bought a one-piece, you'd find a need for the modular version... it always happens, ya know... :)

The food looks grate.........so does the cast iron great. Or the other way around. All I can say is.............Father's Day IS around the corner.

Back