MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #31
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Theres a sharpener in the trailer.

2 cooks/2 pits bailed out, so its gonna be real busy for us on Friday. Will likely have to fire up the double lang for overnight which triples the firewood requirement.

big poppas rubs arrived today, so we are covered for that.. thanks Big Poppa!

Unless you guys really want to cook dinner Friday, I will just order a bunch of pizzas. After processing half ton of meat, Im looking for something without corpuscles.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 08-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #32
BBQchef33

blue - Where we were last yar

red, from what i understood in the verbal directions, where we are this year.

please confirm with the guard at the guardd booth at the top of the hill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (75.1 KB, 128 views)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:58 AM   #33
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Does this field have a specific name or is there a name of the buildings it is adjacent to?

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2013, 05:30 AM   #34
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

The guard booth gave fairly well directions last year but in the dark it is a little confusing. Show up before sundown or after sunrise and you'll be better off. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS [B]-[/B] [I]"BBQ To Die For"[FONT=verdana, arial]™ [/FONT][/I]Under the [B]"LENIENT"[/B] direction of Pit Master Tim.

22.5 OTG, 18.5 OTS, 18.5 WSM, Chargriller Duo with optional side fire box.
[COLOR=red]"Founders Club" Operation BBQ Relief.[/COLOR]
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #35
speedrcer1
is One Chatty Farker

Will some basic power be available or are generators required?
speedrcer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #36
BBQchef33

Eric the building is labeled

h-o-s-p-i-t-a-l. ;D

speed race.... well most likely be on a generator.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 08-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #37
BigBarry
is One Chatty Farker

We'll be there Sat morning - 3 total.
Webers: Smokey Mountains (2 18.5" and a 22.5") - Performer 22" Silver - Go AnyWhere Charcoal - Smokey Joe Platinum - Craigslist Silver Gasser
BBQ - Bring Beer Quick!
In the Land of the Pig, the Butcher is King!
BigBarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #38
Semper Que BBQ
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I will be there friday afternoon/evening
Semper Que BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #39
nymjk
Got rid of the matchlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Que BBQ View Post
I will be there friday afternoon/evening
Do we know what time to be there on Friday evening (assuming you still need more hands)?
nymjk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #40
NS Mike D
Full Fledged Farker

Edit: Last minute change in plans with family obligations and will not be able to come out Friday night, but will be there first thing in the morning.
La Caja China #2
Weber 22 Kettle
Brinkman Vertical Charcoal (out on loan)
Weber Q 200
Weber Summit Series Gasser

Last edited by NS Mike D; 08-22-2013 at 02:31 PM..
NS Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #41
BBQchef33

Finally got the meat order.

200 lbs brisket (Approx 13 @ 15 lbs each)
200 lbs Pork butt (Approx 25 at 8 lbs each)
120 half chickens
70 Racks St Louis Ribs
60 lbs sausage (30 hot/30 sweet)
500 burger
500 dogs

I figure easiest and least painful would be;

Pork masters pit take the briskets and our 2 FE100's take on the butts friday night. An FE 100 can handle 14 butts each.

Saturday morning we fire up the langs and one can take on the all the ribs. The 120 chickens can go into the double lang or 1 lang and Mr Dirts beast and we keep one lang at 140 to keep things hot for the day... Sausage can find a home in any of them.

We have 3 big johns, 2 can be used for the burgers and dogs, and the 3rd to finish chicken and maybe even some ribs for a Memphis style dry rub batch.

I have 20 bags of Royal Oak being delivered(sponsored by Royal Oak), 8 bags of kingsford and the back of my truck is loaded with firewood thanks to Long Island firewood.

Pepsi cola is donating water and soft drinks to be delivered tomorrow.

Ive contacted a local pizzaria and they will deliver pizza and heros for tomorrow dinner. We can place an order once we are there.

Im arriving around 2 to get things organized.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-23-2013, 05:53 AM   #42
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

Any sides this year?

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS [B]-[/B] [I]"BBQ To Die For"[FONT=verdana, arial]™ [/FONT][/I]Under the [B]"LENIENT"[/B] direction of Pit Master Tim.

22.5 OTG, 18.5 OTS, 18.5 WSM, Chargriller Duo with optional side fire box.
[COLOR=red]"Founders Club" Operation BBQ Relief.[/COLOR]
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #43
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Ok John and I will be leaving Pa by noon should be there by 4 or so.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #44
BBQchef33

Sides will be salads, corn and baked beans. We're doing the beans same as last year so they go in the pits.. I think it was 8 full trays. Forgot all about that. We should have room in one lang or in mr dirts pit.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 08-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #45
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

The sides were a big hit last year, especially the beans;never saw so many giant cans in one place being used,. 8 trays sounds right.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote