MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
jasonjax
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason
Default Anyone have experience with The New York Butcher Shop Franchise?

Real butcher shops are few and far between in Jacksonville Fl, especially if you want great quality beef.

I'm thinking of buying some steaks from this place to grill up for the LSU/Bama game tonight, and I was wondering if any of the brethren have experience with them before I drop some coin.

They have a "special" for $21/lb strip steaks this weekend. They are prime, but they need to be REALLY good for me to drop that kind of dough. I am a steak fiend so it might be worth it to me if they are really good.

Anyone? Thanks!
jasonjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Never heard of that brand. We have an Omaha Steaks store here that sells decent meat, but not worth anywhere near the price they charge.

The COSTCO store near me sells USDA Prime for a lot less than 21 bucks a pound. Do you have, or know someone who has a COSTCO membership?

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
jasonjax
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

I have Costco and SAMS, but not all prime CAB is created equally, so I was wondering if these guys might have a line on something especially good. It is definitely pretty pricey which is why I was asking the Brethren audience.
jasonjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
beteez
Got Wood.

Doubt it is twice as good as Restaurant Depot or Costco.
beteez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
Willie's Smokehouse
On the road to being a farker

When I lived in the Mandarin area several years back, there was a meat market on old St. Augustine road which had good products. Not sure about the quality now or if they are even still in business.
Willie's Smokehouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
rcpilot44
Got Wood.

You can go to Yelp and checkout their reviews. Some locations were rated better than others.
rcpilot44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #7
lantern
is Blowin Smoke!

Dang! That price makes me wanna go thank my grocery just down the road that started selling prime whole or half ribeye and strips for $12-12.99/lb this summer.
lantern is offline   Reply With Quote