Anybody Ever Tried...?

byerstexas

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I'll go first. I'm wondering if any of you have ever tried making your own phosphate based injections, and/or how it worked out. I've seen lots of the various big dogs - ie., Kosmo's, Butcher's etc. out there on the trail and it got me to wondering how I would start trying to make something up myself.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

RE: Anybody ever tried...

I agree with you! I don't like the idea of chemicals in my barbecue, it's the main reason I very rarely compete. That said, I have been giving some thought to entering a couple of competitions,Spring is coming, and it's an "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" proposition. (Even with the chemicals, I probably can't beat 'em anyway, but the fellowship at comps is its own reward.)

Harry Soo mentioned in one of his videos, that you're cooking for the judges, not for yourself; and I know a lot of serious competitors who will say their competition cooks bear little or no resemblance to what they cook for themselves and their families at home.

But that's another discussion for another day.

If anyone in this group has tried making a home made phosphate blend, I'd sure like to hear about it!

Back