MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #61
PatioDaddio
Babbling Farker

No, I've never tried it.

John
PatioDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2015, 09:41 PM   #62
Daxxos
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default Still relevant

This is the best rub I have ever used... one tip though. If you're going to use this with something that has a lot of surface area to meat ratio like ribs or Chicken quarters I would cut the salt in half. It's a little much but for something like a butt I would keep this the way it is.

I know this post is a bit old but this rub is still very much relevant and I hope more people try it.

Thank you.
Daxxos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2015, 10:02 PM   #63
PatioDaddio
Babbling Farker

Wow, this is a really old recipe. Thanks for the very kind words. Ironically, just last week I worked up a new lower salt and sweeter version that I'll be posting on my blog soon.

I've won a lot of competition awards with the original recipe.

Thanks again,
John

Old 07-30-2015, 10:15 PM   #64
PatioDaddio
Babbling Farker

Daxxos - Did you make the rub per the original blog recipe, or did you add the three "secret" ingredients found in the thread here?

John