Designing my smoker and teaching myself CAD at the same time....

Nickos

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
is NOT easy.. thank goodness for the Brethren and Prairie :cool:

frame%201.JPG

NO WHERE NEAR finished, making a stumps clone :)

Nice start! I think learning a 3D version of CAD would be pretty hard to do....

Keep us posted!

Papa

is that solidworks or inventor? just a curious nerd...... if so be sure to draw outer body in sheet metal so you can flatten it later for fabrication drawings.

good luck & keep us posted..

What CAD program are you using?
There are some that are a lot easier than others.

Any questions on the clone fire away. I have made 2 so far. Prairie also a great place. My build is there also.
Michael

Good luck and if this CAD thing takes too long grab yourselfs some paper and pencils.:cool:

Nice isometric 3d frame! It appears drawn to scale and I see no gaps, which means you used your snaps.

I'm a AutoCAD Tech, I've working with CAD programs for over 12 years. Happy to see CAD being used for a better cause. Unless you have a subscription for a Autodesk product, this software was probably bought off the shelf at a Best Buy or Staples.

Long Hand Meat Mama 3000

Plus a Tank project I always wanted to do. I have lugged the tank cross country for 4 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck and if this CAD thing takes too long grab yourselfs some paper and pencils.:cool:
i have it all drawn out on paper already, but for some reason i wanted it in CAD also, that way when people ask for plans, which they will, ill have them ready

Looks like you and i are in the similar boat. Been using cad for no more than a month now.

3dsmoker.jpg

If you need help let me know. Im new to this. the guy above looks like he knows what he is doing
kris

any of you gays know how to make expanded steel on here?

i need Carbon Steel - Flattened Expanded Metal Sheet 3/4 inch Diamond x 9 GA

need to make my shelfs

any of you gays know how to make expanded steel on here?

i need Carbon Steel - Flattened Expanded Metal Sheet 3/4 inch Diamond x 9 GA

need to make my shelfs

Make it or where to buy it? A steel supplier would be one place or any fab shop could order it for you but it's going to be the best price in a place that orders stainless in bulk and when I say bulk, I mean the rail car. I buy stainless from another fab shop here in my area rather than my steel supplier because they get it by rail load saving me about 20-40% that way.

I'm not even going to get into making it because I doubt anyone has the machinery to make it besides a steel plant. It has to be perforated, stretched, and rolled in the short explanation.

Make it or where to buy it? A steel supplier would be one place or any fab shop could order it for you but it's going to be the best price in a place that orders stainless in bulk and when I say bulk, I mean the rail car. I buy stainless from another fab shop here in my area rather than my steel supplier because they get it by rail load saving me about 20-40% that way.

I'm not even going to get into making it because I doubt anyone has the machinery to make it besides a steel plant. It has to be perforated, stretched, and rolled in the short explanation.
lol im sorry, yeah, no i meant make it in SolidWorks..

Back