Judge my Garnish

Smokin' Joe

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Here's my attempt at garnish for a KCBS contest...
Am I on the right track? Your opinions appreciated:-D
parsley002-1.jpg

parsley001-2.jpg

Last edited:
It's not a garnish competition. :) Put some meat on it before worrying too much; all that matters is how it makes the meat look.

Thanks guys, the thighs looked good on there a little later in the evening...someone forgot the picture part:icon_blush:

Ok, so judge was a poor choice of words...you know what i mean

Actually, it's just doing it backwards... don't worry about the garnish on its own.. put meat on it so people can tell you how the meat looks... all the matters with the garnish is if it shows off the meat or not. A pile of green can look fine, but the contest isn't about that.

I think Joe is wanting to know if he's on the right track for the infamous parsley putting green and I'd say he is. I'd put it it there a little tighter though IMO.

I think Joe is wanting to know if he's on the right track for the infamous parsley putting green and I'd say he is. I'd put it it there a little tighter though IMO.

Exactly, Thanks for the clarification Jeff :-D

The chicken seemed to sink a bit too much, tighter parsley it is:-D

Joe, if you aren't doing so, use chopped leaf lettuce in the bottom of your box and use that to hold your parsley in place a little better. It can stand straight up easier and pack it in there a little tighter. But don't put TOO much in (and watch your parsley stem length) because if you aren't careful, you'll put getting your meat mashed too much into the lid of your box. (Reminder... this is NOT Woodpile!)

Well, if we were judging garnish, it would be fine. But, you are going to cover it up with meat on the bottom anyway. Now around the edges, it might be good to bring it up a bit. I like the parsley!

GaryT1

thats how I interpreted it too..and I agree it looks fine..it may be a meat contest but if ya gonna use garnish it has to look good too

it's a hard thing to really judge because once you mash meat in it, it could look like crap. but i'd be happy with that as a start.. looks good !

Back