• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

National BBQ Rankings

Funny that a team can be ranked 3rd in the KCBS TOY points list, but 86th in this one. (My only point being this ranking is not the same thing as the KCBS TOY standings. It is an entirely different metric and universe of samples)

I dont think that it is trying to be the KCBS TOY or approximate the KCBS TOY standings in anyway. The National BBQ Rankings covers teams that compete in KCBS, FBA, GBA, MBN, and PNWBA events.

If Little Miss BBQ continues to have great weekends they will continue to climb in the National BBQ Rankings and will have another feather in their cap. I also think that top 100 out of more than 1400 teams is pretty awesome by itself. Congrats to Little Miss BBQ on an outstanding so far and best of luck the rest of the year.

Both are great, and I check out both on a regular basis. I'm a golf guy, and I see the nationalbbq rankings just like the world golf rankings, as it is more long-term and includes all the golf associations around the world. Whereas the KCBS TOY is like the FedEx Cup rankings, only following the current season and is only for the PGA Tour.

QUAU isn't a member, but reads here. Lets talk smack... Like his meteoric rise to the top after hanging out at the CSC BBQ Class.... he does make a good prime rib though. Otherwise that McDonald's chicken he makes should be served with a honey mustard sauce... ;)

That should get him to sign up....

The rankings seem to have a few issues. Our team is listed as coming in 6th at a comp we weren't at and other teams are listed instead of us at comps that we were at.

I have found that site to be way too inaccurate to be reliable, and my attempts to try and get a few things straightened out were ignored so I gave up.

Hmmm...we're not even on the list...guess we're not rank enough yet...:twisted:

Hmmm...we're not even on the list...guess we're not rank enough yet...:twisted:

http://nationalbbqrankings.com/ranking/team/8923

Is that your team? if there are contests that are missing the best way to get them addressed is to contact me through the facebook page. If you are missing PNWBA events I believe that those should be going in over the next couple of weeks since we just got someone setup to enter the PNWBA events.

The thing to remember here is this system looks at competitions over the past 104 weeks rolling. So if you sucked last year but are killing it this year, it may still take some time to move up...

http://nationalbbqrankings.com/ranking/team/8923

Is that your team? if there are contests that are missing the best way to get them addressed is to contact me through the facebook page. If you are missing PNWBA events I believe that those should be going in over the next couple of weeks since we just got someone setup to enter the PNWBA events.

Cool...yep that's us...but we've never been to Richmond, CA, we were GC in Portland, OR not 8th...lol! Plus there are about 12 comps not listed...including the The Jack...freaky! :cool:

Cool...yep that's us...but we've never been to Richmond, CA, we were GC in Portland, OR not 8th...lol! Plus there are about 12 comps not listed...including the The Jack...freaky! :cool:

So the CA is actually Canada. I didnt anticipate Canadian events when I started and that is the work around.

I believe you did win the 2011 Canadian Festival of Chili & BBQ or at least that is what PNWBA has on their website.

I also have you as 1st overall in Portland and 8th in chicken.

If there are contests that are missing that are not PNWBA events please let me know and I would be happy to add them. I did check and I do have the Jack results listed though I did need to make it a bonus contest so I updating that now. However, I only track top 10 finishes in each category and the overall so you wouldn't have the Jack listed under your results if you didnt finish in the top 10 in any category.

Also a contest is only listed where it counts in the rankings. Meaning that if you finish 5th overall, but dont finish in the top 10 in chicken, the contest would be listed under overall, but not under chicken. The team pages are more of a way to see what contests are earning your points, rather than a list of contests that you competed at.

I dont think that this is the place to discuss further errors with the rankings though. I just thought could explain a little more about what is shown on the team pages in the context of your comments.

I have found that site to be way too inaccurate to be reliable, and my attempts to try and get a few things straightened out were ignored so I gave up.

I have sent several emails and even a PM. I have the same thing going on. They are missing all of my contest from September and October of last year, but they have some from this year.

QUAU isn't a member, but reads here. Lets talk smack... Like his meteoric rise to the top after hanging out at the CSC BBQ Class.... he does make a good prime rib though. Otherwise that McDonald's chicken he makes should be served with a honey mustard sauce... ;)

That should get him to sign up....

I did see Mike give Beth "a look" when you started on your pork process. It was pretty clear what he meant. Just Saying :tsk:

Rich, he became pork cook of the year in KCBS... Coincidence? And he is busy reading all of these messages and texting me, so it's perfect... Hahaha honey mustard chicken... :mrgreen:

I for one applaud the work that goes in to running these sites. It's a ton of work and my hats off for trying.

It's not accurate, at least for my results. They called me Muddy Butts BBQ for Willowbrook,IL last year and had some diffrent team winning chicken in Arthur, IL last fall, (which I did), but listed me in the overall results.

Oh well, maybe KCBS will see that they need to maintain an accurate database to track activity!!!!

Rich, he became pork cook of the year in KCBS... Coincidence? And he is busy reading all of these messages and texting me, so it's perfect... Hahaha honey mustard chicken... :mrgreen:

I for one applaud the work that goes in to running these sites. It's a ton of work and my hats off for trying.

Mike was telling me in Silver Lake how he was trying to have the meat monster imitate a pellet cooker... I think the facts are speaking loudly.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Mike was telling me in Silver Lake how he was trying to have the meat monster imitate a pellet cooker... I think the facts are speaking loudly.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Ahhhh. A voice of reason.

Back