~120 adults plus kids....

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Serving Brisket and Pulled Pork plus hot dogs for the kids.

I'm thinking ~40llbs raw of Brisket and Pork as I expect we'll get some non RSVP stragglers as well. What do you guys think?

This is for my neighborhood's Christmas party at our community park in the front of our neighborhood. We're going to serve some beans and potatoe salald to go with the meat.

Also, if going low and slow with a serving time of 3PM (will pull and slice at home and serve in foil plans) what time would you guys get the meat on the smoker the night before?

Thanks all!

40 lbs each, or 40 lbs total? Figure on the low end 1/4 lb per person serving. You may even want to go 1/3 pound per person.

As far as cooking, I'd start earlier on the cook than later. That much meat will stay hot in a cooler for a few hours.

I've never cooked that much at once but I'm with cpw on this one. I'd rather start a bit too early instead of worry about serving tough meat that took longer than the rest to cook. Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Exppect 40 -50% yield after cooking. So as cpw pointed out 40lbs each sounds about right. Also if they are serving themselves you may want more as some 1/2 pound sandwiches will go out the door.

Ok kewl. I went ahead and got a little more anyways. I think I'm closer to 100 pounds between the brisket and shoulder now.

Appreciate the math check. Hopefully I can have it all ready and mostly warm still come 3PM this Saturday!

Back